Gluten-Fructose Intolerance?

stubuzz

I have had stomach issues for a while (that come and go), and need to get a gluten intolerance test. I can eat brown bread and fruits most of the time without issues, but my food diary shows that problems mostly arise after eating foods containing both. Symptoms are stomach pain, bloating, and loose stools that last for 2-3 days. Anybody know the name of the test i need?

I have already tested negative for Pylori and parasites.

There is no test as such for gluten intolerance and you would not have newly acquired it. Plus if you had it, eating brown bread alone would set it off.

There is no such thing as fruit intolerance.

You may have small bowel overgrowth, fits the symptoms and would tend to act up when starch & sugars ingested. The test for this is a hydrogen breath test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If broth causes you stomach issues, that could be a sign of histamine intolerance. And histamine intolerance is often a symptom of SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth). SIBO is not a condition well-understood by a lot of doctors although a couple of hospitals in Bangkok test for it. Please note that you need to be tested for BOTH hydrogen and methane levels. The test is quite involved and requires a specific diet the day before avoiding various foods. The test itself takes a couple of hours and requires to you to consume lactulose or sucrose and then produce breath samples for a couple of hours to see gases the consumed sugar produces. If you are shown to have SIBO, the best antibiotic is Rifaximin as it is localised and only kills bacteria in the intestine whereas other antibiotics tend to be like a nuclear bomb and kill bacteria everywhere. Last time I checked which admittedly is some time ago, Rifaxmin was not available in Thailand. It is, however, available in Cambodia. Dose is 550 mg, 3 times per day, for 14 days.

• Thanks 1