Nearest Hotel To Airport?

Are there any hotels near Suvarnabhumi? My departure is early in the morning so I need to stay a night in a hotel nearest the airport. Need not be a 4 or 5 star hotel, just one that is comfortable.

Thanks.

I stay at the airport Novotel. When you factor in cabfare to & from the hotel, the convenience is well worth it.

Novotel usually has webrates which are decent/

I stayed at the Novotel just after the airport opened. Excellent food and room was fine. Very clean - first rate - expensive but worth it due to the location.

I just booked our last night at the novatel. 6600 baht for a deluxe room. well worth the price for the convience IMO. glad to see the above recommendations & they have very good reviews on sawadee.com

I just booked our last night at the novatel. 6600 baht for a deluxe room. well worth the price for the convience IMO. glad to see the above recommendations & they have very good reviews on sawadee.com

How close do you have to be?  Even staying at the Federal Hotel or the Ambassador Hotel on Sukumvit Soi 11, it only takes about 30 minutes to get to the new airport early on in the morning.  Don't even have to book a taxi of especially a hotel run shuttle service, lots of roaming taxis on Soi 11 at 0300 or so.

And, being on Soi 11 you can wander around Sukumvit the night before, just don't sleep in!

Mac

You make a good point, Thanyaburimac, the heart of Bangkok is not that far away and there are a multitude of hotels from which to choose.

I think that most travelers asking for a hotel as close as possible to the airport only need a bed for the night. They plan to rise early the next morning and continue on their way.

I will be in that position soon, arriving from Australia late at night and flying off the Hong Kong the following morning. I'd prefer to find a reasonably priced hotel that is a stones throw away from the airport.

Boo's choice of hotel would be lovely but paying 6600 baht just for a one night bed is slightly out of my budget. :o

I rather like the sound of Shrubbery's suggestion: Queens Garden Resort. 1,000 baht per night, 150 baht airport pick up and only 5 - 10 minutes away.

I emailed the owner and he advised that he will dispatch a car to pick me up from the airport. I only need to phone him upon arrival.

No need to email credit card details to him, he will accept payment at the hotel.

I have also read many of the reviews about this hotel. Nothing too fancy about this hotel but a bed is a bed and most travelers in between flights only want to sleep.

I hope you have a safe trip from Oz to BKK, Mighty Mouse. I have stayed at the Sanawan Palace several times. Facilities are basic but clean. Very close to the new airport - but you will get a sound night's sleep. Mention the fact you are a ThaiVisa member and you will be warmly welcomed.

Peter

Apart from the Novotel and its free shuttle, the nearest is the Queen's Garden.

It is very basic but new, clean, aircon, and a reasonable car transfer service.

There is nothing within walking distance from this place.

The Sanawan is more of a guest house (cheaper than the Queen's Garden), without its own transfer service. It is easy when you have a Thai with you or f you sepak Thai as it is not easy to find. It is out of the airport noise and has a pool. It is in a very 'Thai' neighbourhood with temple, river, shops, eateries, etc nearly on the doorstep.

I have stayed several times at the Avana, I need a place where I cna have boradband access in the room and they have wifi in the rooms. It is only 900 baht for 2 with a decent buffet breakfast. Their transfer service is expensive so take a taxi. From the airport it is 20 minutes and maximum 150 baht taxi. There is a pool and Lotus, Big C, Central, etc. in Bang Na are all a 5 minutes taxi away.

Running along the Northern boundary of the airport is a street called Jin keow (or at least that's how it's pronounced). Joining Bang Plii to Lad Preow.

There are a couple of hotels on that road - the Golden (something) / other I cannot remeber. About ten minutes by taxi.

Google it, or maybe someone else will be better at memorising things than me.

I recently booked two rooms at the Queens Garden for a group of five, including the wife and two teenage kids. It was easy to book the rooms online via e-mail, they were very polite, and no deposit required. My family described a fairly basic Thai style hotel that was was clean and comfortable. My wife's only complaint was that there was no breakfast included in the price, which was about 1,500 for a triple room. A bit high, but not bad for the convenience for those like myself who find the price of the Novotel to be far above value for mere convenience. One will have to borrow someone's cell phone at the airport to call for the pick-up if one does not have a phone upon arrival.

I stayed at the SP Power Lodge for 1,800 baht including free taxi from and back to the airport. The rooms are basic, but OK. They have bathroom, fridge and TV with a massive double bed.

Breakfast is not very nice, though (cold sausage and eggs).

It's about 10 minutes from the airport.