Anyone using AliExpress in Samui?

I bought many items from AliExpress, but recently pretty much every small item which is not trackable disappears in a black hole. Larger items with tracking arrive without issues. I tried to send it to a different address but no luck so far. I'm starting to think the small non trackable parcels are getting stolen at the final dispatch destination... unfortunately I don't think there is an option to choose different shipping, these are usually less than $5 in value. Anyone else with the same experience?

8 hours ago, gearbox said:

I bought many items from AliExpress, but recently pretty much every small item which is not trackable disappears in a black hole. Larger items with tracking arrive without issues. I tried to send it to a different address but no luck so far. I'm starting to think the small non trackable parcels are getting stolen at the final dispatch destination... unfortunately I don't think there is an option to choose different shipping, these are usually less than $5 in value. Anyone else with the same experience?

Yes, I have noticed over the years here in Thailand (Chaiyaphum), that many of the parcels no matter who the senders are, the not trackable parcels is nye nye... while the trackable ones comes in good shape...

• Like 2

Also i have the same experience, but I have also noticed that from time to time the tracking numbers change resulting in me receiving a completely different item than ordered.
The shopkeeper washes his hands of the problem with the result that you lose the item you ordered.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, alanrchase said:

Recent experience is that the free shipping items are not arriving. If the shipping method is either Cainio or Aliexpress global super economy the items are routed via Malaysia. Malaysia post gives them a registered post type tracking number that shows on Malaysia Post website but is not recognised on Thai Post website. The item is updated to arrived in Thailand and nothing else happens. Three of my last four orders using those shipping methods have not been delivered. No problem with Aliexpress standard shipping. 

First, thanks to everyone for replying.

Your experience mirrors my experience. The free global super economy packages are getting distributed via post everywhere, I got tracking numbers from Malaysia and Vanuatu, once they enter Thailand it is the end of it. I once tried to enquire at the local post office but the only thing they are interested is a tracking number, and once the parcel enters Thailand looks like the tracking number, if any, changes and the Thai post office tracking site doesn't recognise any previous numbers.

From now on either I'll try to get the same item on Lazada - never had issues there, or bump up the count of items, hopefully at some point it will go out of the "super economy" range. I did manage to get a full refund from AliExpress for some items.

• Like 1

I had the same experience with non track-able small items.

They all disappear after arrival in Thailand.

I had to wait  a long time ( more than 60 days ) to be able to request a refund but in the end I got the refunds.

Funny that my missing items where also sent to Malaisya and Vuanatu first.

No problems with track-able items , so now I order only is taking is available.