The Light: Inside the UK’s conspiracy theory newspaper that shares violence and hate

onthedarkside

image.png.6a3924b2c57e723e6245cab5160fbe63.png

A UK conspiracy theory newspaper sharing calls for trials and executions of politicians and doctors has links with the British far-right and a German publication connected to a failed coup attempt, the BBC can reveal.

The Light, which prints at least 100,000 copies a month and has more than 18,000 followers on the social media site Telegram, grew to be a focal point of the UK conspiracy theory movement with its anti-vaccine, anti-lockdown stance during the pandemic.

In its pages and on its corresponding Telegram channels, the Light has shared hateful and violent rhetoric towards journalists, medics and MPs, as well as platforming far-right figures accused of antisemitism.

READ MORE

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-65821747

image.png.a2cd1bcc967c4ec88a8924fcb85a8419.png

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

Hard to take the hard left BBC seriously.  Purveyors of far left conspiracy theories.

Interesting that they don't directly quote anything in context, nor link to this website so people can read and come to their own conclusions, whilst this chap that apparently runs 'The Light' seems to be saying there should be free speech, and people should make their own decisions.

I have never heard of 'The Light' before.  I will need to check and find out what it is all about now I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1