AIS shops: for Serenade customers only?

Lorry

AIS call center told me to go to a big AIS shop with my request, they suggested M quartier.

They were wrong: there is no AIS shop at M quartier (there used to be one). There is a big Serenade shop which kicked me out immediately (Serenade means AIS high value customer).

Normal AIS customers are served in the hall, in the public area, by 2 staff at a small counter,  no seating, no queue number,  you queue standing in the hall (sometimes you have to wait an hour).

Is it the same at the other big AIS shops, in Paragon, in Central World etc?

Or is this a specialty of M quartier ( they were quite unhelpful,  too)?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I got served at Serenade with my Thai missus, who is a regular old Isaan gal.

No offence, but if you rolled in channeling "poor-white chic" you would deffo be given the bums rush. 

Farangs ignore this golden rule from back in the Lonely Planet days:

"If you want respect in Thailand, look respectable"

Some pressed chinos, subdued sneakers, a clean polo shirt and a decent haircut are not much to ask. 

Especially at Immigration. It gets s**t done!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I went to that Serenade store in Emquartier a few months ago without realising what it was. The staff were lovely and helped us anyway. It's the only time I've seen one though, and there is another big regular AIS store there somewhere as well. I think it's on the floor below, but I get lost with the different buildings.  

1 hour ago, chalawaan said:

if you rolled in channeling "poor-white chic"

What makes you think so?

There is a word for people like you. 

Serenade status requires a certain minimum amount of phone bills with AIS. I had Serenade status a long time ago but AIS stopped offering the service I mostly used so I became an ordinary customer. 

1 hour ago, Polar Bear said:

I went to that Serenade store in Emquartier a few months ago without realising what it was. The staff were lovely and helped us anyway. It's the only time I've seen one though, and there is another big regular AIS store there somewhere as well. I think it's on the floor below, but I get lost with the different buildings.  

Yes, there used to be another big regular AIS store somewhere there. 

They told me now there is just the counter in the hall near the Serenade store, 2 staff. 

They were quite the opposite of lovely.

Edited by Lorry

On 6/12/2023 at 10:24 PM, Lorry said:

Is it the same at the other big AIS shops, in Paragon, in Central World etc?

Go to the AIS shop in Central World. It's huge, they have a lot of staff, but you'll have to take a number, obviously. 

There is a lot of construction in Siam Paragon currently, and I think the AIS shop there is somewhat impacted.

The Serenade space is like those specialty spaces all the banks have in the top-end malls, for high net-worth customers.

15 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Go to the AIS shop in Central World. It's huge, they have a lot of staff, but you'll have to take a number, obviously. 

There is a lot of construction in Siam Paragon currently, and I think the AIS shop there is somewhat impacted.

The Serenade space is like those specialty spaces all the banks have in the top-end malls, for high net-worth customers.

Thank you,  very useful comment. 

• 1 month later...

Up here in Bahn Nawk, there's a Serenade store in the mall where the AIS hi-so's go for 3-in-1 coffee and canapes.

The regular malls that host Big C, Lotus's and the like have Telewiz stores where the AIS hoi-poloi get their smartphone jollies.