If Trump didn’t do anything wrong, why can’t he tell the truth?

Social Media

When Donald Trump told the world last week that he’d been indicted by federal prosecutors, the former president appeared to be executing a carefully crafted public relations strategy. The Republican was breaking the news on his own terms, at a time of his choosing, with the precise message he wanted Americans to hear.

There was, however, one glaring problem: Trump apparently couldn’t think of a credible defense. He instead told several obvious lies, mischaracterized federal law, and generally struggled to say anything that might persuade anyone who wasn’t already in his corner.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gaccha said:

Allow me to answer your question.

I've read the indictment and the case against him is watertight and he is obviously going to be found guilty.

But, as your own article says, he is getting the public onto his side. He's not trying to argue the law, he is arguing in the realm of politics.

His aim is to gain so much political capital from appearing as a victim as to then escape the legal conviction. After all, in the last instant, will America really jail and ex-President? This is a political question.

I sincerely hope so he’s done grievous damage from this and in many other ways.most countries would have jailed him allready many would have been even harsher 

• Like 1

They go to court and do not put up a defense! 

I'm hoping the US trials will be televised.  If so, at some point DT is going to lose his patience with the process and get up and take the stand, with his lawyers grabbing his coattails to stop him -- awesome!

Actually I'm expecting the news to report that the T____ jet has just landed in Budapest.  Or Minsk.

Edited by bendejo

6 hours ago, Gaccha said:

I've read the indictment and the case against him is watertight and he is obviously going to be found guilty.

The indictment makes 40+ references to Attorney 1. Attorney 1 is Corcoran. The information on Corcoran in the indictment comes from Corcoran's testimony at the Washington DC Grand jury after Judge Howell issued a ruling on waiving attorney-client privilege.

But the Miami Judge whether Cannon or eventually someone else is not bound by the WDC Court's Grand Jury  ruling to allow Corcoran's testimony at trial.

From NY Times:

During the investigation, Judge Beryl A. Howell of the Federal District Court for the District of Columbia ruled that the exception applied, forcing Mr. Trump’s lawyers to provide information to the grand jury. But Judge Cannon is not bound by Judge Howell’s decisions when it comes to what information should be presented to a jury.

During pretrial motions, if Mr. Trump’s lawyers ask Judge Cannon to suppress the evidence to protect attorney-client privilege and she does so, prosecutors could appeal — but that would further delay the case.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/12/us/judge-aileen-cannon-trump-trial.html  or

https://archive.is/sm8Jm

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, bendejo said:

They go to court and do not put up a defense! 

I'm hoping the US trials will be televised.  If so, at some point DT is going to lose his patience with the process and get up and take the stand, with his lawyers grabbing his coattails to stop him -- awesome!

Actually I'm expecting the news to report that the T____ jet has just landed in Budapest.  Or Minsk.

I am expecting Moscow.

I am sure handler Putin would be eager to provide him with his favourite room at the Ritz Carlton again.

Because, in the words of his ex Chief of Staff, he's scared s-less.

"“He’s scared s—less,” Kelly told The Washington Post. “This is the way he compensates for that. He gives people the appearance he doesn’t care by doing this.” ...

... “For the first time in his life, it looks like he’s being held accountable,” Kelly told the Post."

John Kelly: Trump is ‘scared s—less’ | The Hill

Love his ALL CAPS tweets and then silent as a scared baby when inside a court of LAW

Hes more concerned about pubic opinion hence his delicate ego than a proper defense team

I enjoy the facts that his whole 2016 claims about Hillary are now HIS exact same crimes

the same crimes he upgraded laws about.....GOP the Kings of Projection and Hypocrisy!

Go watch the youtube vids of him talking about the dangers of having classified docs--of course that being anyone but HIM....the indictment is full of witnesses that ALL worked for King Baby

Only the best people!  Many are saying...many! BeLIEve me.....tears in their eyes!   Sad!!! Yuge!

HAHA---I guess Karma does exist!  He truly is his own worst enemy and Im here for it...

Truth is singular----GOP lies are many..... His Sh*t Legacy is now forged in the history books-

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

The indictment makes 40+ references to Attorney 1. Attorney 1 is Corcoran. The information on Corcoran in the indictment comes from Corcoran's testimony at the Washington DC Grand jury after Judge Howell issued a ruling on waiving attorney-client privilege.

But the Miami Judge whether Cannon or eventually someone else is not bound by the WDC Court's Grand Jury  ruling to allow Corcoran's testimony at trial.

From NY Times:

During the investigation, Judge Beryl A. Howell of the Federal District Court for the District of Columbia ruled that the exception applied, forcing Mr. Trump’s lawyers to provide information to the grand jury. But Judge Cannon is not bound by Judge Howell’s decisions when it comes to what information should be presented to a jury.

During pretrial motions, if Mr. Trump’s lawyers ask Judge Cannon to suppress the evidence to protect attorney-client privilege and she does so, prosecutors could appeal — but that would further delay the case.

It's going to be appealed anyway.

15 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

From NY Times:

I guess Trump is Perp 1.