E-Z Retirement Extension - Jomtien

22 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

in & out in 20 minutes yesterday for annual retirement extension. Returned today to pick up and was in & out in 3 minutes.

Have never used Jomtien office, but have used 6 different offices and all were documents checked, stamps added to passport and signed off in one visit, no come back tomorrow, just as well as one (mandated by Immigration) office was a 10 hour round trip.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Much more like other offices Jomtien crowds change with tourism season.

Now approaching deepest off season, not many 30 day extensions. Snowbirds long gone.

Other expats back to home country for summer holiday/ family visit.

Report back in January.

I remember very well the reports and pictures of the crowds hanging outside in the sun for hours.

Even in the provinces it seems extraordinary quiet (read a thread about Phetchabun and remarks about other offices).

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Even in the provinces it seems extraordinary quiet (read a thread about Phetchabun and remarks about other offices).

Personally can't imagine they would ever be crowed.

Last time I visited stayed Nanna cafe in rice fields (great spot) and went to night market at Lom Sak.

Think I saw 3 farang in my week there

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

They are known to make up their own rules.

One example was the requirement for extensions retirement to return to immigration at the 90 day mark to check funds in bank.

(Now defunct)

Currently the dragon lady requiring funds in bank for 2 months prior to non O retirement when it is actually only on day of application. 

How does the appointment system work there a tick or X.

Jomtien is junk immigration office.

From the OP...same day approval  for 90 report.

What else would be done

It is 2 months before the renewal date, she is correct.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, kennw said:

It is 2 months before the renewal date, she is correct.

I was referring to applying for a Non O visa (based on retirement) from a tourist visa or visa exempt entry using TM86 and TM87 

The funds required in bank on day of application only.

Jomtien require 2 months prior.

Only immigration office I'm aware of that has that rogue requirement. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Now approaching deepest off season, not many 30 day extensions. Snowbirds long gone.

Report back in January.

I remember very well the reports and pictures of the crowds hanging outside in the sun for hours.

Yep,  I do mines in January always crowded,  this year I was first got there at 6, by 8:30 line out to Soi,  with Lady boy official running around setting up outside yelling and lecturing what is wrong with you people. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I was referring to applying for a Non O visa (based on retirement) from a tourist visa or visa exempt entry using TM86 and TM87 

The funds required in bank on day of application only.

Jomtien require 2 months prior.

Only immigration office I'm aware of that has that rogue requirement. 

Yup, a buddy got snared into the dragon lady's trap. But she had an expensive solution. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, shortstop2 said:

Yup, a buddy got snared into the dragon lady's trap. But she had an expensive solution. 

Have read about said lady. Fortunately have never had the pleasure..

Edited by DrJack54
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, shortstop2 said:

Have read about said lady. Fortunately have never had the pleasure..

Edited 3 minutes ago by DrJack54

Gents I think you'll find the so called 'Dragon lady' is on the 'marriage desk', not the 'retirement desk' where there are apparently no dragons.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

I think you'll find the so called 'Dragon lady' is on the 'marriage desk', not the 'retirement desk' where there are apparently no dragons

Correct. 

The most recent thread where she featured was a guy applying for non O (marriage) ....

Visa not extension.

Anyway the guys 400k in bank on day of application was not acceptable.

DL wanted to see the 400k seasoned for two months..

Sad office..

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Currently the dragon lady requiring funds in bank for 2 months prior to non O retirement when it is actually only on day of application. 

Are you really sure???? If you are using the "combo" then the money do >NOT need to be seasoned at all.. But for all of you english, americans and australian guys with only income from transfers, you need to have your money seaoned for 2 month before and 3 month after. No???????

1 minute ago, glegolo18 said:

Are you really sure???? If you are using the "combo" then the money do >NOT need to be seasoned at all.. But for all of you english, americans and australian guys with only income from transfers, you need to have your money seaoned for 2 month before and 3 month after. No???????

Yes.

I should have made it more clear.

I was posting about application for a NON O Visa at Jomtien immigration. 

NOT for extensions..

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

One example was the requirement for extensions retirement to return to immigration at the 90 day mark to check funds in bank.

(Now defunct)

Ive just recently applied for the retirement Non O, I've had several before but it was a few years ago. So after the stamp goes in the passport are you saying I wont have to go back after 3 months with another proof of 800k?

8 minutes ago, Yewbzee said:

So after the stamp goes in the passport are you saying I wont have to go back after 3 months with another proof of 800k?

Yes. 

Even if Jomtien advise you to return in 3 months for bank book check you can ignore that.

Several threads have discussed this.

Here is one. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1277644-90-day-show-money-orders-at-jomtien-with-bank-method-retirement-extensions-are-up-to-you/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes. 

Even if Jomtien advise you to return in 3 months for bank book check you can ignore that.

OK that's good to know.

Even when I've done it previously and dutifully returned on the correct "appointment" day stated on the sheet they've always just taken the bank proof and casually put it to one side with no sign off or proof given to me that I could use to show that I had ever done it. I always found that kind of strange.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Have never used Jomtien office, but have used 6 different offices and all were documents checked, stamps added to passport and signed off in one visit, no come back tomorrow, just as well as one (mandated by Immigration) office was a 10 hour round trip.

Only a 5 minute walk for me. Can see the Chonburi Immigration sign from my windows, so never gave it much thought. But yeah, agreed...major hassle if not close by. 

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What else would be done

ONLINE 90 day reports. Posters from some provinces complaining about 3-6 day online approval wait times. 

I formerly resided in BKK. CW was a freakin' "daymare"Loathed that place and always dreaded going. Walk (literally) in the park (on the beach) in Jomtien. Have never had the slightest issue here. Everything was an issue at CW...plus heapin' helpins' of "baditude". Love BKK but glad for not dealing with CW any longer. 

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Report back in January.

True enough. Too bad so sad for those who must attend in high season. Fortunately I don't, so won't be reporting back. Once a year is plenty and in & out in a flash with no hassle. 

At least they are making some improvements. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

They are known to make up their own rules.

(Now defunct)

How does the appointment system work there a tick or X.

Jomtien is junk immigration office.

What else would be done

Dragon Lady is on the family desk. She gets grumpy because she has to check mounds of unnecessary paperwork for sending to HQ whereas the retirement desk just rubber stamps handfuls of retirement extension's without paperwork presented by numerous Pattaya agents raking in satisfyingly large fees. No wonder the Dragon Lady breathes fire! 

4 hours ago, proton said:

It's not an extension in 20 minutes at all, that is just to hand over the paper work and get the mug shot. If you have to return the next day it's taking one of the longest times, most offices do it while you wait the same day.

OK YA GOT ME...28 minutes????

20 mins first day from getting queue number to exiting the building. 2nd day...5 min walk back to IO, then back out the door with PP including 1 year extension in 3 mins. 

5 hours ago, Yewbzee said:

OK that's good to know.

Even when I've done it previously and dutifully returned on the correct "appointment" day stated on the sheet they've always just taken the bank proof and casually put it to one side with no sign off or proof given to me that I could use to show that I had ever done it. I always found that kind of strange.

Yep...get that meaningless notice every year here at Jomtien and promptly file it in the nearest ????️ upon exting the building. It's then forgotten for 12 months untill they give it to me again next annual extension. Receive, rubbish, repeat. ????️ ????