NACC investigation targets ex-House secretary over 15.4 million baht clock scandal

snoop1130

On 6/15/2023 at 7:29 PM, MikeandDow said:

Does this corruption ever stop in Thailand, corruption Hub of Asia, Its Your Tax payers money

average Thai does not understand that concept. I once explained how much in taxes Thaksin ripped off the country, on his sale of shares to Telemask. Blank response, feed them $hit and keep gthem in the dark. Don't get me wrong, wife and I love living in a regulation-free, corrupt country for the past 25 years. 

39 minutes ago, paddypower said:

average Thai does not understand that concept. I once explained how much in taxes Thaksin ripped off the country, on his sale of shares to Telemask. Blank response, feed them $hit and keep gthem in the dark. Don't get me wrong, wife and I love living in a regulation-free, corrupt country for the past 25 years. 

correct yes, kept in the dark and fed bullXXX,but they dont realize it, i came here over 25yrs ago there was coruption but not on the scale it is now its every day

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

correct yes, kept in the dark and fed bullXXX,but they dont realize it, i came here over 25yrs ago there was coruption but not on the scale it is now its every day

latest opportunity will be for the XXXX to buy Swedish jets.        

17 minutes ago, paddypower said:

latest opportunity will be for the XXXX to buy Swedish jets.        

I have no sympathy with the people if they can not see that this is just an excuse to line the pockets of some general or other,only the people can stop this its their Tax money.

5 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

I have no sympathy with the people if they can not see that this is just an excuse to line the pockets of some general or other,only the people can stop this its their Tax money.

'' just waiting on a friend'' (Move Forward Party.................fingers crossed that we will see a real change)

Edited by paddypower
spell

On 6/16/2023 at 8:18 AM, kingstonkid said:

THis and stories like it are why the powers that be are fighting so hard to stop the MFP.  The military and the backers of the military have been profiting so much that they are afraid that the skeletons will start showing once a fresh non, committed to them set of eyes starts looking.

I think that once MFP officially takes control you are going to see Chuvit have lots of friends and copy cats come out of the woodwork with stories

No need to look, everybody knows.

But you are right in that if a new administration takes the helm, they will more than likely hobble their opponents through court actions, just as they did with Thaksin when he was removed in 2006. 

This is how things are done here in Thailand.

1 hour ago, paddypower said:

There were no tax laws broken at the time. The sale may have been viewed by some as unethical, as at the time the sale was exempt from capital gains tax. 

To fully understand the situation, you must first understand who lost out as a result of the sale. 

Unfortunately, due to forum rules, this cannot be discussed here. 

14 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

There were no tax laws broken at the time. The sale may have been viewed by some as unethical, as at the time the sale was exempt from capital gains tax. 

To fully understand the situation, you must first understand who lost out as a result of the sale. 

'No tax laws broken'. that is not exactly true. Thaksin argument that the sale was a tax free capital gain was based on the share sale supposedly having gone through the SET (Stock Exchange of Thailand), as a normal transaction. After he scarpered with the money, Thai Revenue Dept and SET filed complaints on 2 issues. First, it was determined by Thai courts that the tax free arguments was not legal, because the shares in the Thai company (Shin), were sold to a Singaporean company. Second,  Thaksin had his government pass a change in the Thai law a few days before his sale, which would have restricted the % investment by a foreign investor (Telemask, via nominee companies)  in the telecom sector. Maybe Wilki and how the Thai press reported it at the time got it wrong. Come on, accept that this was probably the biggest example of Thai corruption in history.

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

whatever about the tax laws, Thailand certainly lost out, as the satellite frequencies BY LAW, could not be were owned by Thai individuals or companies - but where held in trust by the Thai military, the same way they ''own'' or manage other media.  Somehow, these frequencies ended up in Thaksin's hands so that he could sell them to Telemask. we may not be able to discuss it here - but it was a sad day for Thailand. I am not suggesting anything negative about the Military. Thaksin was the con artist and a very talented man. . The nature of this post is intended to be of good intent, and in the best interests of the public good.

Edited by paddypower
spell