New style work permit question?

All pages on my old work permit book are stamped so I was told I need a new work permit next renewal in Bangkok.  I like having the book with my address in it as it substituted for the residency certificate whenever needed.  Is the  only option for the new work permit the kind without an address?  Or can I request a book with address?  Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I only needed to show the residency certificate once every 5 years for renewal of Driver's license. Better to get a yellow housebook for that.

I can't get the housebook as I live in a rented condo.  The work permit book is good for motorcycle registration also and I occasionally buy and sell them.

• Like 1

I went with a new colleague to the Labour office near Silom.. I asked this question because like you, I use my WP book (old style) for address verification 

They said that the old style is no longer issued and they can’t revert back to it.  I guess the way books are now printed makes that programmatically impossible 

I asked if they could “free form” add it- they said that they can’t add anything outside of what’s approved and already in the system 

• Thanks 1

I renewed my work permit 3 weeks ago (Chonburi BOI one stop), it has no address.

I asked to have either my home or work address added, the answer was "cannot".

Highly annoying to have to get residency certs when ever I deal with a Gov dept that requires proof of address.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I renewed my work permit 3 weeks ago (Chonburi BOI one stop), it has no address.

Highly annoying to have to get residency certs when ever I deal with a Gov dept that requires proof of address.

Thanks. Oh well, I guess I'll have to add the residency certificate to the list of minor bureaucratic annoyances that are part of the experience of living here. ????

32 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Edited by ricklev

33 minutes ago, new2here said:

I went with a new colleague to the Labour office near Silom.. I asked this question because like you, I use my WP book (old style) for address verification 

They said that the old style is no longer issued and they can’t revert back to it.  I guess the way books are now printed makes that programmatically impossible 

I asked if they could “free form” add it- they said that they can’t add anything outside of what’s approved and already in the system 

Thanks.