inoculation requirement to enter Thailand from Nigeria

Hello

I live in Thailand and have been offered short term work in Nigeria.

Could someone  who has returned from Nigeria please advise what are the Health Certificate requirement ( inoculations etc ) when arriving back in Bangkok

Thanks in advance for any information

Regards

As far as I'm aware it's just yellow fever but I'll stand corrected. However, during the 4 years I was back and forth from Nigeria to Thailand i was never asked to produce it. 

Edited by bluemoon58
  • Like 2

Actually Doha, since Dubai is still not flying.

For Lagos you will need Yellow Fever and an Online Registration form. Qatar airways offers the link.

By Return tickets! If you buy it in NG you will be charged in NGN and the FX rate will be totally messed up and the ticket will be overpriced. Although a lot of things have changed last week, finally. Good luck!

Edited by IgboChief
  • Like 1

In reply to your post Bluemon58 is quite correct "Yellow Fever Vaccine", Issues to be aware of:

Get your Yellow Fever Vaccine before you travel to Nigeria $50

You will be issued with a " Yellow Fever Card" with your "Yellow Fever Vaccine", you will be asked to show this (so keep it on your person) along with your Passport at Lagos Airport on Arrival, prior to Nigerian Immigration.

Note: If you fly directly from Africa (not via Dubai or other hub) to Bangkok, you must go directly to the Airport Medical Centre (prior to Immigration on the left) and fill out a Medical Form and show your "Yellow Fever Card", then proceed to Thai Immigration.

No, "Yellow Fever Card", No Entry.............Simple, (or they'll insist on another Yellow Fever Jab and charge $100+)

Good luck with Nigeria, there nice people,,

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 888huahin said:

Note: If you fly directly from Africa (not via Dubai or other hub) to Bangkok, you must go directly to the Airport Medical Centre (prior to Immigration on the left) and fill out a Medical Form and show your "Yellow Fever Card", then proceed to Thai Immigration.

How would that work" There was only Ethidad or maybe Kenian, and both don't count as West Africa. (Kenian does not fly to Lagos anymore).

What direct flight do you have in mind?

10 hours ago, IgboChief said:

How would that work" There was only Ethidad or maybe Kenian, and both don't count as West Africa. (Kenian does not fly to Lagos anymore).

What direct flight do you have in mind?

I think Ethiopean fly direct, or at least used to.

3 hours ago, localexpat said:

many thanks to all for the good advice

One item, where in Bangkok can I get a yellow fever jab and card / booklet

Cheers

There are several options. My suggestion would be the Thai Travel Clinic (a special clinic in Hospital for Tropical Diseases under the administration of Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University). A list of the vaccines they provide, and prices, is available at https://www.thaitravelclinic.com/cost.html