Thai Citizen Travel To Cambodia

Hello,

Does a Thai citizen need a passport to travel to Cambodia overland crossing at Poipet? :o

Thanks in advance!!

My gf had a passport when we went to Cambodia on a visa run last year but the travel agent that took us had said she could go using just her ID card.

Hello,

Does a Thai citizen need a passport to travel to Cambodia overland crossing at Poipet? :o

Thanks in advance!!

My gf had a passport when we went to Cambodia on a visa run last year but the travel agent that took us had said she could go using just her ID card.

I presume that was for your visa run? Travel beyond the border provinces requires a proper travel document - in the form of a passport. Thai's still need visas to enter Cambodia proper.....and it has to go somewhere!

Hello,

Thanks in advance!!

I presume that was for your visa run? Travel beyond the border provinces requires a proper travel document - in the form of a passport. Thai's still need visas to enter Cambodia proper.....and it has to go somewhere!

Yes, I'm from the UK and have a multi non imm O visa and was doing my 90 day visa run. My Thai gf wanted to come along as otherwise she would be stuck in Pattaya on her own for the day and she didn't fancy that. I paid the agent 2000 baht for me and 1000 baht for my gf as she didn't need a visa. The agent didn't know she had a passport until after we had started traveling to the border. And I've just checked in her passport, entry and exit stamps for Cambodia but no visa. She obviously didn't need one. We did the visa run to Ban Laem by the way. And we were told she could travel to Luang Prabang in Laos using her ID card, although we didn't go in the end so I can't confirm that advice was correct.

Yes, I'm from the UK and have a multi non imm O visa and was doing my 90 day visa run. My Thai gf wanted to come along as otherwise she would be stuck in Pattaya on her own for the day and she didn't fancy that. I paid the agent 2000 baht for me and 1000 baht for my gf as she didn't need a visa. The agent didn't know she had a passport until after we had started traveling to the border. And I've just checked in her passport, entry and exit stamps for Cambodia but no visa. She obviously didn't need one. We did the visa run to Ban Laem by the way. And we were told she could travel to Luang Prabang in Laos using her ID card, although we didn't go in the end so I can't confirm that advice was correct.

Your Thai GF could be pushing her luck travelling to Luang Prabang on a 2-night border pass. Strictly speaking it is intended for Vientiane province only, and the same for Lao people: Nong Khai province only. That's partly why the Lao hookers in Udon Thani keep getting busted, and their sisters in Nong Khai not.

Edited by Trevor

Your Thai GF could be pushing her luck travelling to Luang Prabang on a 2-night border pass. Strictly speaking it is intended for Vientiane province only, and the same for Lao people: Nong Khai province only. That's partly why the Lao hookers in Udon Thani keep getting busted, and their sisters in Nong Khai not.

Lao hookers in Nong Khai and Udon :o What is the world coming to :D