Bangkok Bank restricting app to just one mobile device now ?

I've had the app on two phones for quite a while. I got rid of one old phone and removed it from the device management section using the remaining phone. I went into the bank today to get them to help me install on a newly acquired phone as well, only for them to tell me that things have changed now and you can only have it one on device. A new rule. Anyone else had this very recently ?  I need to use the userID and PIN method on the new phone which the app says you can get from an ATM, so I may try it myself instead of asking the branch which is what I've done successfully before. Or try another branch...

Edited by Tuvoc

Oh, so what I was told is true. Damn. 

OK, well I want it on the new phone, so I'll go into a branch again and get the ID etc.  A nuisance, I have always taken comfort from having a back-up phone in case something happens to the main one.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a problem with my phone and I am unable to update the Bangkok phone app in the Play store.  Was not a big deal as I do most of my banking on my laptop but figured I should sort out the problem sooner than later in case other banks follow SCB's lead and going app onlu.

So I recently went into a branch to get the app installed on my Ipad.  The bank first had to delete my current registration of my useless app on my phone and then was able to install on my iPad.  

The bank rep said I can only have the app on one device.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, shortstop2 said:

The bank rep said I can only have the app on one device.

That is correct. As soon as the bank installed the app on my new phone, I got an email to say that the other phone had been de-registered.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 12:32 AM, Tuvoc said:

I've had the app on two phones for quite a while. I got rid of one old phone and removed it from the device management section using the remaining phone. I went into the bank today to get them to help me install on a newly acquired phone as well, only for them to tell me that things have changed now and you can only have it one on device. A new rule. Anyone else had this very recently ?  I need to use the userID and PIN method on the new phone which the app says you can get from an ATM, so I may try it myself instead of asking the branch which is what I've done successfully before. Or try another branch...

This is required now by the Central Bank. We are no longer allowed to offer Mobile Banking on multiple devices. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2023 at 10:10 PM, ianguygil said:

This is required now by the Central Bank. We are no longer allowed to offer Mobile Banking on multiple devices.

Thanks for the explanation.