"75 years on, the Black British experience is changing."

This has become a feature and a lie of black history month, that these people selflessly came to the UK to help rebuild it after the war as a result of being invited to do so by the UK government, nether is true.

As a child growing up in Leicester in the 1960s, it was common knowledge that immigrants came from the West Indies because there were few work opportunities at that time in the WI, and so many men came to the UK to look for work and they brought their families with them.

I don't recall there being any anomosity towards these immigrants at the time.  I DO recall being moved primary schools after large numbers of Asian immigrants arrived in the city and I was being taught some Asian language at school - my parents moved me to a prep school where I would be taught in English....

36 minutes ago, simon43 said:

As a child growing up in Leicester in the 1960s, it was common knowledge that immigrants came from the West Indies because there were few work opportunities at that time in the WI, and so many men came to the UK to look for work and they brought their families with them.

I don't recall there being any anomosity towards these immigrants at the time.  I DO recall being moved primary schools after large numbers of Asian immigrants arrived in the city and I was being taught some Asian language at school - my parents moved me to a prep school where I would be taught in English....

For some reason the Indians chucked out of Uganda made Leicester a favourite destination, add the waves of further mass immigration and illegals and now 50 years later Leicester is a white minority city with over 70 mosques and areas which are almost all of once ethnicity or religion. Diversity was it's destruction not it's strength.