Collar up on Polo Shirt - Why?

EVENKEEL

11 hours ago, proton said:

The standard of dress of many foreigners here is appalling, slouching about in shorts and singlets etc, if only they did wear polo shirts! but some of their wife's are as bad. Just the sort of low life farangs I steer well clear of, Big C Param 2. Sickeningly scruffy, no wonder immigration give some a hard time.

IMG_20230627_165149.jpg

Presumably you don't go outside much and stay in AC all day? I've seen plenty of farang looking scruffy with polo shirts and sweat patches 

On 6/27/2023 at 5:10 PM, proton said:

The standard of dress of many foreigners here is appalling, slouching about in shorts and singlets etc, if only they did wear polo shirts! but some of their wife's are as bad. Just the sort of low life farangs I steer well clear of, Big C Param 2. Sickeningly scruffy, no wonder immigration give some a hard time.

Should not judge a book by its cover
Many ferangs here are very successful, which you would never think by their attire
as it is very hot in Thailand
it makes sense to wear less clothes or lighter clothes
forget our western programming of what is smart
you would not expect to see ferangs walking around in the heat suited up too often
Many ferangs living here may have likely spent the past 30 or 40 years suited up everyday and are just happy to relax now
my neighbour in my last house only got dressed if he went outside
nothing more than his boxer shorts at home
shorts, tshirt, flipflops/crocks/sandals is the attire of the day here

Imagine getting dressed up to go to Big C ????

On 6/17/2023 at 11:29 AM, KhunLA said:

Nah, I avoid chemicals on my body, or clothing.  For my sake, and the dog's, as she don't need to be sniffing that krap.

If an animal is smart enough to avoid it, or die from it, I think I'll pass using it.

You can buy online that's safe for pets and more on the eco-friendly side. 

11 minutes ago, IndomitableSpirit said:

You can buy online that's safe for pets and more on the eco-friendly side. 

The only thing that really works for mozzies, is DEET ... No thanks.

1 hour ago, patman30 said:

Should not judge a book by its cover
Many ferangs here are very successful, which you would never think by their attire
as it is very hot in Thailand
it makes sense to wear less clothes or lighter clothes
forget our western programming of what is smart
you would not expect to see ferangs walking around in the heat suited up too often
Many ferangs living here may have likely spent the past 30 or 40 years suited up everyday and are just happy to relax now
my neighbour in my last house only got dressed if he went outside
nothing more than his boxer shorts at home
shorts, tshirt, flipflops/crocks/sandals is the attire of the day here

Imagine getting dressed up to go to Big C ????

Imagine wearing a shirt and trousers dressed up

On 6/16/2023 at 11:35 PM, Lacessit said:

I turn my collar up to avoid becoming a redneck.

Of course, I could achieve the same effect by wearing a MAGA baseball cap backwards. However, I understand that would involve a drop of IQ of 50 points, and I don't want to revert to the mean.

You could wear a biden hat but it probably has no brim at all...lol...either way your screwed, kind of like the next election in the states....lol...

20 minutes ago, bmontague said:

You could wear a biden hat but it probably has no brim at all...lol...either way your screwed, kind of like the next election in the states....lol...

That rubber thing Biden wears is not a hat; it is protective gear he has to wear because of his speech impediment. 

• Haha 1

My "favorite" is people who pay big bucks for a pair of jeans that has had bunch of holes made on purpose...i just never understood the fashion but obviously a ton of people seem to think it makes them look cool or ?.....I can just imagine what my grandmother would have thought of purposely cutting big holes in your pants to parade about....she spent a ton of time sewing up holes in my jeans when i was a boy out and about doing dumb reckless stuff.

2 hours ago, Brick Top said:

For people in the know it's a Bi- Sexual thing , it's to let other guys know you swing both ways 

You must of read that  somewhere ... ????

Red hanky/bandana, hanging out back pocket ... oh yea, let your freak flag fly ...

... I must of read that somewhere also ... ????

• Thumbs Up 1

Why?

Because it's good for people with overly long necks.

Also, it reminds one of a Sherlock Holmes trench coat without the hat, or a Russian Spy.

Or, mostly, because I want too look like Che Guevara:

image.jpeg.45bfc387c2ab4b6671df9a9bdafe777e.jpeg

And. also because I live alone and have no fashion sense.

17 hours ago, Brick Top said:

For those in the know it's a Bisexual sign , it's to let other guys know you swing both ways.

In the 60s guys would were Jean's with turn ups to let everyone know they were a Swinger 

Caps back to front means what then?