Thai shops preparing for new rules

It seems that some of the bigger stores are getting ready for the possible new rules.

Wonderland in NANA is the best example.  They have renovated so that they now have a drop-in center that probably will be giving prescriptions for people that want to buy from them.  

Right now there is a big banner in front of the office.

Going to be interesting no whatever the outcome is to see how many of these places stay in business.

2 minutes ago, Seppius said:

My Arthritis is suddenly playing up????

Sure but if this gets strict,  that might greatly limit the strains, etc. you can explore yourself. Worst case, people could be limited to targetted CBD oils with obscene profits. Also meaning the treatments for chronic conditions could become unaffordable for many.

Wonderland is part of OG Canna Company which is part of Panthera Group, and they have five-ish big brand name shops incl. Kush House.

https://ogcannacompany.com/

OG Canna CEO Ben Baskins has talked up the possible pivot to medical in several interviews.

I do not believe that the medical sales channel will be as loosely controlled as it is in the U.S.

DTAM/MoPH would likely control medical cannabis, and right now it is only approved as treatment for ~ six diagnoses. And foreigners would probably be excluded unless they are on Thai social services.

Arthritis and glaucoma are not approved for cannabis treatment.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Wonderland is part of OG Canna Company which is part of Panthera Group, and they have five-ish big brand name shops incl. Kush House.

https://ogcannacompany.com/

OG Canna CEO Ben Baskins has talked up the possible pivot to medical in several interviews.

I do not believe that the medical sales channel will be as loosely controlled as it is in the U.S.

DTAM/MoPH would likely control medical cannabis, and right now it is only approved as treatment for ~ six diagnoses. And foreigners would probably be excluded unless they are on Thai social services.

Arthritis and glaucoma are not approved for cannabis treatment.

If BASKINS owns it does this mean they will serve ice cream also. 

I personally see them restricting it to registered doctors affiliated with Thai hospitals.

I think it will be avail to Foregners but only those on long term or medical visas 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Sounds like a grand farce in the making.

Is there even a small chance that sanity will prevail?

SANITY - THAILAND  

JINGTHING SHAKE YOUR HEAD LOL

TIT

30 minutes ago, Trippy said:

How do you prepare for new rules, that haven't been written yet? 

I think the basic rules have been written.  Also most of the people with money have connection s and can find out what the MFP and PT are thinking

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

I personally see them restricting it to registered doctors affiliated with Thai hospitals.

Yes, that's the way it works today. DTAM, part of the MoPH, oversees cannabis treatments.

I can't see DTAM giving up that authority?

5 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

i been saying this for months now, but people start new threads as if this new news...

people who hail pita are in for a big surprise. he will weed out the shops by making it medical marijuana only, and those who grow will be back risking getting caught... imagine immigration paying a surprise visit and finding your plantation

Feel exactly the opposite. Those that are all the way legal will be fine. That is less than 15% of the shops open now. Lets wait and see. I am tired of all the BS discussion myself. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Is there any thing to do the idea of there being zoning for shops? Like OK for recreational shops in tourist areas only?

That's a good idea.

I'm all for equality!

Protect the Thais from the Cr@p but let the tourists take it 

I can just imagine the Thais seeing signs outside drug shops saying

"No Foreigners Allowed"!  That will go down well with them!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

That's a good idea.

I'm all for equality!

Protect the Thais from the Cr@p but let the tourists take it 

I can just imagine the Thais seeing signs outside drug shops saying

"No Foreigners Allowed"!  That will go down well with them!

I wouldn't say crap. I would say good <deleted>.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1