11 Year Old Daughter with Thai and Uk Passport, will she need a letter of consent to travel to the UK?

My layman's view. Depends if you are legally married to her mother or have been given legal guardianship in Thailand through court, if not it likely needs the mothers consent, I believe this can be an informal letter with copy of her ID if she is Thai.

I think UK also has differing laws regarding legal guardianship if not married. Scotland you are legal guardian if you are on the birth certificate, in England I don't think its as straight forward as that.

Not sure about case if she is travelling alone, that might need something different.

Edited by Bangel72

I took my 15 yr old son to the uK without his Mum. I tend to play safe rather than be sorry so I got an official letter from the town hall place where he is registered. It s a standard letter and costs 1000bt  - Mum needs to be there as well i believe. I also took his birth certs with my name as Father and got an informal letter from my wife giving her permission with her ID details on it.

My sons first Thai and UK passport, first time using them so was expecting to be stopped and asked. But nothing- we waltzed merrily through security with no problems or questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Similar question here. I have searched the UK Gov website but the answer is not clear. 

My partner is Thai (we are not legally married). 
I hold a US passport. 
Our daughter is 10-years old and has both a Thai and US passport. 
The Mum and Daughter will be going to the UK for 8 days for an event in September. I will not be joining them. 
Am I required to complete some a letter of consent? If so, does it need to be notarized by a Thai lawyer?

Thanks for any information!