Man fatally shoots himself while examining homemade gun in Ratchaburi

snoop1130

Rule #1 with ANY weapon that fires bullets.

NEVER point a weapon at anybody unless you want to kill them.

Rule #2

Unload the weapon, and make sure there is no round in the breech or up the spout, before you do anything else with it.

Those 2 rules were hammered into me when I did my annual range firing practice in the RAF.

I have seen the range master kick a guy because he tried to turn around with a loaded rifle in his hands, and it wasn't a gentle kick either.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

On the day of the incident, Nakorn attempted to test-fire his homemade gun, but it failed to discharge. In an effort to fix the issue, he used a metal object to strike the barrel against the ground, which caused the gun to misfire and the bullet to penetrate his left chest area.

A gun aficionado?

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

Rule #1 with ANY weapon that fires bullets.

NEVER point a weapon at anybody unless you want to kill them.

Rule #2

Unload the weapon, and make sure there is no round in the breech or up the spout, before you do anything else with it.

Those 2 rules were hammered into me when I did my annual range firing practice in the RAF.

I have seen the range master kick a guy because he tried to turn around with a loaded rifle in his hands, and it wasn't a gentle kick either.

Or a WRAF turning round on the range saying 'it's jammed'.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

mainly for hunting and fishing purposes,

Mainly ???????????

1 hour ago, Foek said:

Wouw a man tragically died, and some people react with a smile?  Karma will find its way.

Making illegal guns, and died, is that not Karma.?

Edited by brianthainess

There are very basic skills required to handle guns. Number one, is you never fool around with a gun, or attempt a repair, while it is loaded. Darwin was right. The theory of natural selection, means we all have to exhibit certain survival skills, to thrive in this world. Self protection is just one of those skills. Some have it, some do not.