Good visa agency in chiang mai

button

I use Assist Thai Visa off Chang Klan Road - on Land and House road - excellent service and my time in the process is minimal. I do have to get my own bank letter but after that it is merely a stop in their office sign here, sign here, as they flip the pages... then the next day they meet me at Imm and I am out in 2-3 minutes, they just need a photo of me taken by Imm...

I do meet all qualifications... 

I think the cost is maybe 5,900 baht and includes the cost of the visa... 

Edited by 1FinickyOne
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I use Assist Thai Visa off Chang Klan Road - on Land and House road - excellent service and my time in the process is minimal. I do have to get my own bank letter but after that it is merely a stop in their office sign here, sign here, as they flip the pages... then the next day they meet me at Imm and I am out in 2-3 minutes, they just need a photo of me taken by Imm...

I do meet all qualifications... 

I think the cost is maybe 5,900 baht and includes the cost of the visa... 

IIRC the cost of the extension is not included.

2-3 minutes? I wish. Before I stopped using ATV and did my own extensions, the usual wait at Immigration was about half an hour. When it blew out to 2 hours one time, I  dumped them.

That was about 7 years ago, they still send me 90 day reminders by email.

It's a reasonable service; however, not as stellar as you are posting.                    

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks to the two who replied.  History:  In the past I had used ATV for maybe 5 years.  Totally satisfied until the English visa manager who left several years ago was replaced by another individual who couldn't spell the word 'customer service.'  I also noticed about this time that the Thai staff was dwindling and not as many customers.  I went elsewhere -- equally bad.  Left a message today for the ATV 'visa manager' to return my call.  He has yet to do so -- don't expect he will.  So, now in need of a visa agency again.  Is  there any other place, other than ATV, who can at least call one back?

• Like 1

Best friend Visa.  Big C wat Don Chan.  3000 baht and great service.  Tel 0882944459

As you approach big C, turn right at first roundabout and they are on the right.

Used them a couple of years ago, when immigration was not as good as today.  Now I use my online booking.

Screenshot_20230620_165158_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Edited by Raindancer
Added map

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

IIRC the cost of the extension is not included.

2-3 minutes? I wish. Before I stopped using ATV and did my own extensions, the usual wait at Immigration was about half an hour. When it blew out to 2 hours one time, I  dumped them.

That was about 7 years ago, they still send me 90 day reminders by email.

It's a reasonable service; however, not as stellar as you are posting.                    

I don't know what IIRC is - but I was in and out of Immigration - - in minutes and that has been so for several years... all the paperwork is complete... they take a photo and hand me back my passport... 

So, is the poser calling me a liar? 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 5:36 AM, 1FinickyOne said:

I don't know what IIRC is - but I was in and out of Immigration - - in minutes and that has been so for several years... all the paperwork is complete... they take a photo and hand me back my passport... 

So, is the poser calling me a liar? 

No, the other poster is stating that his experience didn't match your experience.

(IIRC - internet abbreviation for "If I recall correctly".)

14 hours ago, lexilis said:

Star Visa Chiang Mai was always very good service when I used them a few years ago. Office behind Tesco Lotus on the "super" highway. Another office in town I think. I dont remember what they cost.

By the US CONSULTANT.

1 hour ago, TheAppletons said:

No, the other poster is stating that his experience didn't match your experience.

(IIRC - internet abbreviation for "If I recall correctly".)

the other poster, who is trolling me a bit, said this 

"It's a reasonable service; however, not as stellar as you are posting."   

When what I posted is my experience precisely and has been like that for many years... but thanks for translating his IIRC... which indicates uncertainty where I am sure of the recollection of my experience. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, button said:

Thanks to the two who replied.  History:  In the past I had used ATV for maybe 5 years.  Totally satisfied until the English visa manager who left several years ago was replaced by another individual who couldn't spell the word 'customer service.'  I also noticed about this time that the Thai staff was dwindling and not as many customers.  I went elsewhere -- equally bad.  Left a message today for the ATV 'visa manager' to return my call.  He has yet to do so -- don't expect he will.  So, now in need of a visa agency again.  Is  there any other place, other than ATV, who can at least call one back?

Ah, that may well explain the less than cordial encounter I recently had with a Western staff member there.  I had been working with a Thai staff member quite satisfactorily during a couple of visits relative to a visa matter.  But one morning, while waiting a few minutes for the Thai staff person to become available, the Western fellow approached, without introducing himself, and in a rather brusque manner asked what I was waiting on.  Your comment that he could not “spell the word customary service” hits the nail squarely on the head.  Exactly!  I’m happy with the Thai staff, not so much this “visa manager”.

• Like 1

Pronto2, I think we're talking about the self-same 'visa manager.'  Still there now after all these years.  Brusque manner, doesn't know how to interact with people.  He's not a native English speaker, but comes from a European country not known for its people skills and overall warmth.  I'll say no more, except to say that the Director of ATV should surely have had feedback about him by now and had a set-to with him.  Incidentally the retirement visa extension price is now a whopping 7,700 baht (includes  1900 immigration fee).  But does include a shuttle van to Central Festival where the extension process will end with a photo and your renewed visa.  Is that all, now?

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 7:16 AM, Dante99 said:

Their price has gone up about 10% but service is still good.  

I agree with the two posters. Best Friend Visa is very good and very reasonable in price. I have been using them for many years

On 6/20/2023 at 4:50 PM, Raindancer said:

Best friend Visa.  Big C wat Don Chan.  3000 baht and great service.  Tel 0882944459

As you approach big C, turn right at first roundabout and they are on the right.

Used them a couple of years ago, when immigration was not as good as today.  Now I use my online booking.

Screenshot_20230620_165158_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Thanks 1