A ray of hope for Aussie mum in a coma after life-threatening tumble in Thailand (video)

webfact

23 hours ago, bignok said:

Thanks for the link which basically puts you at the mercy of the insurance company and their interpretation of whether alcohol played a part in the event of the claim . E.G. say if sat in a restaurant having a meal and wine , over the drink / drive limit , when say your chair breaks causing injuries / hospital treatment .Your intoxication delays medical treatment and bigger bills are the result . Will the insurance wriggle ?  

Having alcohol in your system does not void the policy but you are giving the edge to the insurance company . 

Some western ins; companies will use agents in Asia / Thailand . As happened to me , they wanted me to go to Bangkok in their private ambulance , 400 km , report to a top hospital and stay in a 5 star hotel whilst I was being checked over . I explained that my food poisoning symptoms had all but disappeared after my local gov; hospital care but they kept pushing for me to go . I spoke to the UK ins; who paid me out in full for my local treatment and thanked me for my honesty . So beware of dodgy agents who are in collusion with hospitals/ hotels etc 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Should insurance companies be taking premiums and expecting people not to drink when on vacations? If sleeping it off and the hotel ceiling collapses on me, I would hope to be covered. 

Their Terms and condition say can drink with .19% being the cut off limit.... she was well pissed up for the insurance to deny based on being intoxicated.

• Thanks 1