Budgies and Parakeets

22 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Occasionally I have had some escape...and thankfully they always come back in a day or two and I just open the door and they go straight back inside. I have even had serval stray budgies turn up trying to get in with mine.  Again I open the door and they fly inside. 

Thanks for your well considered reply and not taking my question as a hostile accusation.  Your birds are beautiful.

I remember reading a few years ago about a flock of Parakeets that nest around one of New York's busy airports. They are all escaped domestic birds or their descendants.  Not a great environment for a tropical species but they appear to be pretty tough and adaptable critters with definite New York attitude as anybody who has tried to trap them has discovered.

• Like 1

We live on the last floor of a condo in a relatively green area of the city, with a long balcony with many plants. We don't "keep" birds, but we have perhaps 20 nests or so, babies, large social groups. They are lovely to watch and listen to. We don't feed them.

• Thanks 1