Explosion caused by pigeons engulfs Hua Hin hotel, resulting in fire and 500,000 THB worth of damage

webfact

image.jpeg

Pigeons were said to have caused a sudden explosion that led to a fire engulfing a hotel room in Hua Hin, resulting in damages amounting to half a million baht.

On Thursday afternoon Lieutenant Colonel Pichcha Rangleuan, Deputy Superintendent of Hua Hin Police Station received a report regarding a fire incident at room number 164/5-6 of Sunny House, which is located adjacent to the railway, just off Soi 70.

The three and half storey building consists of a ground floor office and more than 20 guest bedrooms.

On arrival at the scene, first responders found the building engulfed in flames.

By Online Reporter

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/explosion-caused-by-pigeons-engulfs-hua-hin-hotel-resulting-in-fire-and-500000-thb-worth-of-damage/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2023-06-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Technically possible. 

Pigeon excretion contains "Saltpeter", one of the 3 ingredients needed to make gunpowder. So if they could muster some charcoal  say from an open wood burning fire and Sulphur, say from some match heads or concrete powder,  mix them together and chuck a lit match onto the mixture, then, booooooom. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RayWright said:

Technically possible. 

Pigeon excretion contains "Saltpeter", one of the 3 ingredients needed to make gunpowder. So if they could muster some charcoal  say from an open wood burning fire and Sulphur, say from some match heads or concrete powder,  mix them together and chuck a lit match onto the mixture, then, booooooom. 

And most pigeons carry lighter or matches......

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Come on, pigeons causing explosion......HOW?

Last year after a quick downpour a pigeon flew to land on a transformer outside my home... a very large explosion, power out and one very crispy pigeon.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Come on, pigeons causing explosion......HOW?

Well the story says this, so maybe it is pure speculation on how it occurred.

The investigation into this peculiar incident led authorities to a peculiar discovery – a pair of pigeons had unknowingly triggered the explosion.

The exact details of how this occurred are yet to be determined. Authorities are currently working to gather more information and piece together the sequence of events that led to the pigeon’s inadvertent role in this incident.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RobU said:

I think the song by Tom Lehrer 'Poisoning Pigeons in the Park' would be most....

Ah, forgot about that one. Only Pigeon song I could remember was the 1977 No 14 chart-topper in the UK charts by Messrs Banks, Rutherford and Colins, aka Genesis.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RayWright said:

Ah, forgot about that one. Only Pigeon song I could remember was the 1977 No 14 chart-topper in the UK charts by Messrs Banks, Rutherford and Colins, aka Genesis.

Yup Genesis was one of my favourite bands I had forgotten about that track