Clonazepam

HaleyPage47

I just accepted a job offer in Bangkok and will be moving there soon. I live in the USA currently. I currently take Topiramate and Clonazepam for my epilepsy and just want to know if these medicines are available in Thailand. I’m pretty sure Topiramate is, but since Clonazepam is a controlled drug I don’t know what the rules are. My health insurance is fully paid for by my new job in Bangkok. I talked to them already about it and they want me to fill out some paperwork because they don’t know if the health insurance will cover preexisting conditions. Anyway yeah I just want to know if Clonazepam is available in Bangkok and anything else I should know about receiving healthcare in Thailand. Thank you so much!!!! 

Clonazepam is widely available in most hospitals in Thailand. If you visit a reputable hospital in Bangkok with your previous medication, I doubt there will be a problem obtaining a prescription.

However, if you wish to purchase it over the counter, it is not possible. While some untrustworthy pharmacies may sell it to you, I cannot recommend it.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, HaleyPage47 said:

I talked to them already about it and they want me to fill out some paperwork because they don’t know if the health insurance will cover preexisting conditions.

Very unlikely any local insurance will cover preexisting conditions and if a Thai based insurance that may include just about everything - rules are very loose and fast.  As said controlled drug so would require buying from hospital (private hospital drugs costs can be high) and would require local doctor to prescribe (doctor fees are not that high however).