When to blur car number plate in photos?

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

It started as security measure to protect important people (choose your own interpretation of that) from criminal acts, particularly terrorism and assassinations.

Now it's just become a habit that many think is a must do. no matter who they are.

So is it like there is no law on this? I mean the manager can post that pics without bluring the plates... ok thanks

51 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

A visible number plate means the car owner can potentially be identified with a registration search. It could be construed as an invasion of privacy; however, this is Thailand.

And yet they drive and park..................with visible plates !!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I doubt if there is any law, reference to OP's.  I'll blur plates if in my photos, if I post somewhere, rare.  Just a courtesy, as wouldn't want my numbers posted.

Though I'm sure I've probably posted mine one somewhere.  Legally, in the USA anyway (I know, TIT), but in the public domain, there is no right of privacy, usually.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, problemfarang said:

then one of the car owner said that he should blur the number plates of the cars because its violating some kind of human rights or privacy law.. something like that.

The above suggestion is hilariously preposterous!!!

Is he one of those constitutional rights vloggers by any chance ?

11 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

And yet they drive and park..................with visible plates !!

You've misunderstood, I was referring to the juristic person not blurring the plates when posting the photos.

It is not uncommon to see cars with no plates in Thailand.

46 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I would blur my number plates in the event that I did something wrong, didn't want to own to to it and fled the scenes..

Which accounts for why 99.9% of Thais want their plates blurred out!

14 hours ago, problemfarang said:

So is it like there is no law on this? I mean the manager can post that pics without bluring the plates... ok thanks

Do your eyes blur the plate when you see them in your Moo Baan in real life?    Then why would a photo need to be blurred?

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You've misunderstood, I was referring to the juristic person not blurring the plates when posting the photos.

It is not uncommon to see cars with no plates in Thailand.

Why should he, the owner drives and parks the vehicle without blurred plates.