Honda CRV 2014 Model

carlyai

Problem: Driving along and a 'roar' sound slowly increases and the steering wheel and car starts to shake.

The problem stops and may not occurr for another 40km or more.

Very random.

I can put the car in neutral, increase or decrease speed or apply the brake to no effect on the problem.

Initially thought it was a front wheel bearing, but these checked and drive belt (the one with all the rubber teeth) replaced as cracked rubber.

Tending to think if it was a wheel bearing the noise would be there all the time or more when I corner, but not the case.

Now thinking more like an engine sensor problem.

Any ideas?

If the roar sounds something like a motorbike following you, its likely to be a wheel bearing (happened with my civic years ago). How many kms on the car? Over 100k? The vibration could be from th wheel bearing or possibly the wheels need balancing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, DavisH said:

If the roar sounds something like a motorbike following you, its likely to be a wheel bearing (happened with my civic years ago). How many kms on the car? Over 100k? The vibration could be from th wheel bearing or possibly the wheels need balancing. 

Back to my local Car Care shop.

Eventually the mechanic said the tires are the problem.

Only 1 year old with not much use.

Switched back tyres to front after rebalancing.

Seemed OK when I went for a drive with the mechanic, but then after he left, came back again.

Drove 100 km and problem happened a couple of times. 

No problem with the installed car code sensor.

Mystery.

On 6/26/2023 at 4:55 AM, Tarteso said:

Buy a Check engine code reader, you will know where the problem come from.

CE70621D-F8FC-4AB2-BAD8-38B512132AD7.jpeg

Hello, thanks.

I have one of them and was planning on putting it on, but I've got to drive 150km today and was worried it could be a bearing or mechanical fault, so thought I'd ask before I drive. (local garage spun the front wheels and said not bearings, but, you know, sometimes they make mistakes.)