Income Affidavit Sample...

Hi All...I will be submitting my marriage visa application shortly but have a question regarding the Affidavit of Income letter from my embassy...since the embassy form is basically blank, i'm looking for a sample/example of completed form that satisfies Thai immigration...all help will be greatly appreciated!!!...thanks

1 hour ago, NZAMBOY said:

New Zealand Embassy????

If you are lucky, the embassy might be able to suggest a suitable form of words to be used in the affidavit. Most important will be to clearly declare your income which should be greater than 65,000 baht per month, and preferably capable of being supported by documentation you can show immigration if asked. It is usually best to keep the affidavit simple. Here is general advice on writing an affidavit provided by Adobe: https://www.adobe.com/sign/hub/document-types/how-to-write-an-affidavit.html.

13 minutes ago, dsj said:

This is the letter I get from the Canadian Embassy every year, they actually write it, and immigration has no problem with it.

The amount is given in Canadian Dollar?

German honorary consul in Pattaya also does affidavits and he didn't write that I have to fill any form. Documents (pension letter, account statements) seem enough.

And it's not for free (about 1400 Baht).

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The amount is given in Canadian Dollar?

German honorary consul in Pattaya also does affidavits and he didn't write that I have to fill any form. Documents (pension letter, account statements) seem enough.

And it's not for free (about 1400 Baht).

This is the actually form that I fill out, and the Canadian Embassy types it out.

income Verification.pdf

income letter.JPG

Edited by dsj
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks all for the help so far????...altho the Canadian embassy sample looks great, the NZ Embassy letter is just a notarized statement(by me) of my claimed income...in other words, i write the statement and the embassy just puts their stamp on it...

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, NZAMBOY said:

Thanks all for the help so far????...altho the Canadian embassy sample looks great, the NZ Embassy letter is just a notarized statement(by me) of my claimed income...in other words, i write the statement and the embassy just puts their stamp on it...

Don't tell anybody :biggrin:

That was the reason why immigration urged consulates to check documents for the affidavit. Seems NZ didn't take that serious while other consulates simply stopped issuing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tilaceer said:

I had a visa app refused by KK Immigration because I had used the word "income" instead of "pension" on my Australian stat dec,

Nitpicking at KK. Thanks for head up.

Will make sure that "pension" and "company pension" is certified.

Will be my first attempt to use "income" statement after 11 years.

Want to free my savings.

• Thumbs Up 1

If not from an Embassy that states 65k or more monthly income (no reference as to whether gross or net), then Immigration wants to see twelve monthly DEPOSITS to your Thai bank of minimum 65k baht transferred from your foreign income sources (typically documented with a Credit Advice Report from the Thai bank), which is stated in the law.

So in effect the law isn't applied to applicant whose embassy will issue an income letter. 

16 hours ago, dsj said:

This is the letter I get from the Canadian Embassy every year, they actually write it, and immigration has no problem with it.

Redacted income letter.JPG

I would add that has to be original, not photocopy and has embassy/consulate stamp.

• Like 1

This is from a friend in Pattaya (cropped and pixelated).

The approximate Baht amount was rounded to 1000s and the rate being about the currency market rate (quite generous).

On the other hand immigration will likely do the math too.

Scan_20230627 (2).jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

This is from a friend in Pattaya (cropped and pixelated).

The approximate Baht amount was rounded to 1000s and the rate being about the currency market rate (quite generous).

On the other hand immigration will likely do the math too.

Very good!!...thanks much????