Why do Google Search images open as small in new window - and then open as big?

simon43

This is a computer problem that has bugged me for years!!

When I teach online (using a Windows 10 computer), I often share my screen in Zoom and go to Google Search to search for an image example of the topic that we are discussing.  For example, I entered the question "how to preserve different foods?" and the image search results returned these images.

how.jpg.fdb7f65077f33b4b53a7a3d771100243.jpg

Next I selected the image on the right (Himalayan salt) and so this image is now shown larger than the other images:

larger.jpg.cd839dfb88a199ca9966fb74e0679c5f.jpg

I want to display that image in a new tab (I don't want to go to the website using the image link because I want to display the image in isolation.

So I right click on the image and click on "open image in new tab"

The new tab opens, but usually the displayed image is small and the filename starts with '2q' or '9k'

small.jpg.d7a81f72a2465e26a704a5c075786765.jpg

I try again to open in a new tab and the same thing happens.  I try again and the same thing happens.  I try again and this time (following exactly the same mouse/option clicks as before) the selected image finally opens as a large size!

final.jpg.f927fc531957ecd4144b1289312a2e93.jpg

My question is:

WHY?!!!

Why does the selected image open as a small size in the new tab, but after repeating the 'open image in new tab', it finally opens as a large size.  Why?? Why??  

Is my computer just sulking and doesn't want to open the large image the first time?

Does it depend on the time of day, weather etc?

I really want to understand this weird behaviour, because ideally I'd like the large image to be displayed the first time that I select it in a new tab, not the 3rd, 4th, 5th or even 6th time!!

Advice is appreciated.