Visa issues

Hi everyone. I'm looking some help please . I have my Thai partner in northern Ireland on a 180 day UK visa and we are returning to Thailand on the 6 August but we are flying from Dublin to Thailand and I'm just wondering if this is ok to do or will she have problems with immigration in Dublin. The immigration officer in Gatwick said it's fine once she had landed in UK but just still weary as I don't want to land to airport and be told no as we have a 2 year old with us plus the flights so expensive now. Hope someone can give me some info on here thanks a lot 

• Confused 1

Reading this

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Immigration-Service-Delivery-Visa-and-Non-Visa-Required-Countries.pdf

and Thai citizens are required to have a visa to able to Enter Ireland

edit

but reading this 

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-visit-ireland/british-irish-visa-scheme/

it seems because she has the UK visa she is allowed to enter, but only if the UK visa is endorsed with the letters BIVS

Edited by MJCM

5 hours ago, Marty0707 said:

Hi everyone. I'm looking some help please . I have my Thai partner in northern Ireland on a 180 day UK visa and we are returning to Thailand on the 6 August but we are flying from Dublin to Thailand and I'm just wondering if this is ok to do or will she have problems with immigration in Dublin. The immigration officer in Gatwick said it's fine once she had landed in UK but just still weary as I don't want to land to airport and be told no as we have a 2 year old with us plus the flights so expensive now. Hope someone can give me some info on here thanks a lot 

What date did she arrive in the UK and was that with the return ticket from Dublin to Bangkok?

What date did she enter Ireland?

I really cannot see any issues if she entered on her UK visa and is staying legitimately in Ireland. However, if you have any concerns at all you should direct your question to the airline. Any problem is likely to arise at check in rather than exiting immigration.

• Like 2