Timed out. Again again and again............

swissie

Theoretically, I should post this under "IT", but I post it here for more "reach".

Situation: If I hurry, I manage to place 1 post. No time for a second post, because in the meantime I was "timed-out" and automatically set back to "logged-out". The second post is not being posted, it has simply "evaporated".

WHY ?

I post here since 2006. According to the above, it turned me into a "discrunteled" participant of ASEAN NOW. In a time, when Thai Forums encounter increasingly "less demand", I can not believe that limiting "on line presence" of posters here is part of some sophisticated "foreward strategy" by ASEAN NOW.

3 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Prepare your post in Word, or any other editor, and then copy/paste.

Thats what I always do. Still I am being "timed out" when my "inserts" appearantly take too long. Not that I post "massive" posts. It's the number of posts that are (apperantly) allowed within a certain period of time.

Nevermind. I am confident that a "administrator" will soon deliver a satisfactory answer.

11 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

I often wonder why people continue to do things that bring stress and anger into their lives. If your posts aren't registering here and you continue to get logged out then simply quit posting and save yourself a lot of stress and time. There are many things to do with your day besides posting here. Not worth it.

Or buy a modern phone. 

21 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

I often wonder why people continue to do things that bring stress and anger into their lives. If your posts aren't registering here and you continue to get logged out then simply quit posting and save yourself a lot of stress and time. There are many things to do with your day besides posting here. Not worth it.

Thanks! But I rather await a respones by some ASEAN NOW administrators.

2 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

It might have something to do with your connection. I've never experienced "timed out", but I type quicky and post. Maybe I beat the timer...

Or my VPN classifies this site as "suspect" and cut's me off before major damage can occur? Case in point: ASEAN  NOW is the only Social Media plattform I use. After logging in, I receive regularily junk mail the next day. Mostly originating from "tinder". How do they get my e-mail adrees I wonder as I have no connection to "tinder" whathsoever.

Just a bit of input from my end.

I use a very old NOTE4 Samsung phone to post, in most cases.

I have never had any issues (similar) that I can recall.

When not using the NOTE4, then I use a desktop computer.

I have never had a similar experience to that of the OP.

However, I can say that, recently, when I left-click on some headings on the forum pages, NOTHING HAPPENS....

And then, my workaround is to RIGHT-CLICK on the same heading so that I can get where I am going, by opening the desired new page in a new tab.

This issue began only a very few days ago, maybe 3 or 4 days.

I did not want to report it because I assumed that it was being worked on already. And I am sure that this issue will be resolved in the coming days.

Hope this info might be useful.

I doubt the problem is on the Aseannow end.  If it were, there would many, many people experiencing problems.  I don't think there have been reports of it.  

I occasionally run into a time-out error on other sites and they may be caused by my ad blocker that I use on my favorite browser.  If I use a different browser, without ad blocker, I don't get the time-out error.  

The problem may be your internet connection, website server, browser, or firewall settings. Generally, a browser needs about 30 seconds to reach a website's server.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Scott said:

Generally, a browser needs about 30 seconds to reach a website's server.

I think you ment to say something else. It takes usually under 1 second to reach a website's server depending on network latency. If it took 30s to connect then every website you try to load would start to show up after 30s. If a website takes more than 10s to load then something's wrong.

@swissie have you tried without VPN? That could well be part of the problem.

A similar problem I am having regarding loading pages. I click on notifications, they open, but will not take me to the relevant post. Also, If I click on one of the headings down the right side, nothing happens, it will not take me to the article. I have to log out, and go to the article via my email notification. This has been happening for over a week now. 

Maybe it is the VPN causing the problem.

I have similar problems when I use my VPN. The BBC web site being one of the worst.

Many sites block VPN's. eg Wikipedia for updates.

It is because hackers and scammers all use VPN's.