TM30 for METV at Jomtien Immigration

What are the current rules for doing a TM30 while holding a METV at Jomtien Immigration? Do you only do it one time (within 72 hours of arrival) and every time you enter Thailand again you don't have to do it, or do you have to do a TM30 each and every time you come back to Thailand with the same METV?

You only need to notify - by providing a TM-30 - to your local Immigration office of the address where you are residing in their province, when you are applying for a service from that Office (e.g. applying for a 30-day extension of stay or applying for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa).

When you are exiting Thailand after having made maximum use of your METV (i.e. having re-entered Thailand just before expiry of the 6 month METV, and having received again a 60-day permission to stay), there would have not been any reason for you to visit an Imm Office. 

You are a tourist and it is the responsibility of the owner of the place where you are staying (e.g. Hotel/guesthouse to inform the local Imm Office that a foreigner is staying there).  And since you do not need to visit the Imm Office unless you want to apply for a service, there is no need for you to bother about TM-30. 

17 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

You only need to notify - by providing a TM-30 - to your local Immigration office of the address where you are residing in their province, when you are applying for a service from that Office (e.g. applying for a 30-day extension of stay or applying for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa).

When you are exiting Thailand after having made maximum use of your METV (i.e. having re-entered Thailand just before expiry of the 6 month METV, and having received again a 60-day permission to stay), there would have not been any reason for you to visit an Imm Office. 

You are a tourist and it is the responsibility of the owner of the place where you are staying (e.g. Hotel/guesthouse to inform the local Imm Office that a foreigner is staying there).  And since you do not need to visit the Imm Office unless you want to apply for a service, there is no need for you to bother about TM-30. 

I thought it should be done when you change province? I'm not sure the don't bother is a good call, never know if he want's an extension or some other stuff.

Just my take on it.

Edited by Big Bert
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'll always be doing 30 day extensions each time I arrive back on the current METV.

Yes, owners responsibility but it's the tenant who gets the 1,900 baht fine!!

1 hour ago, Big Bert said:

I thought it should be done when you change province? I'm not sure the don't bother is a good call, never know if he want's an extension or some other stuff.

Just my take on it.

He is on an METV (Multiple Entry Tourist Visa), and as a tourist you will only need proof of the address you are staying (the TM-30 notification) when visiting an Imm Office for a service you need, e.g. when you want to extend your stay by applying for a 30-day extension. And in that case it is simply a matter of asking the Hotel/guesthouse where you are staying to provide you with a copy of the TM-30 notification they need to make to meet Thai law that a foreigner is staying at their premises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

I'll always be doing 30 day extensions each time I arrive back on the current METV.

Yes, owners responsibility but it's the tenant who gets the 1,900 baht fine!!

In case you want to do a 30-day extension at the end of the 60-day permit to stay you received by border-immigration when entering Thailand, you will need a TM-30 notification as proof of the address where you are staying, as otherwise the Imm Office will not provide you with any service.

When you are a Tourist (on an METV) and you are renting an appartment of which the landlord does not want to do the TM-30 notification, that puts the burden on your shoulders for notifying Immigration which can result in a fine when you do not do it within 24 hours of arrival.  But in that case you also have the option of checking in at a cheap Hotel the night before you plan to apply for the 30-day extension (you don't even have to stay there), and just ask the reception for a copy of the TM-30 notification they need to make of every foreigner staying at their premises.

When on an METV instead of applying for a 30-day extension at the end of the 60-day permit to stay from your first METV entry, you can of course also make a simple border-run, which will provide you once again with a 60-day permit to stay on re-entry.     

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/5/2023 at 4:39 PM, Red Phoenix said:

Sounds about right.  Been coming here for the last 10 years on METV,  never filed TM30.  Owner of the residence (my wife) where I stayed never filed. Never came up Not an issue.