Temazepam (Ristoril) Prescription in Chiang Mai?

Microwave

Has anyone received a prescription for Temazepam in Chiang Mai?  If yes, where did you receive the prescription from?

I was in a car accident in my home country many years ago which left me with PTSD and chronic insomnia.  Temazepam 30 mg was prescribed for me to help with the insomnia which I continue to find helpful.  I don't take this medication every night, just once or twice per week.  I'm considering relocating to Chiang Mai (where I've lived before) and I know that benzodiazepines are tightly controlled in Thailand, so I'm curious as to where I could get a prescription for temazepam.  Thank you in advance for any and all replies!

15 hours ago, Microwave said:

Has anyone received a prescription for Temazepam in Chiang Mai?  If yes, where did you receive the prescription from?

I was in a car accident in my home country many years ago which left me with PTSD and chronic insomnia.  Temazepam 30 mg was prescribed for me to help with the insomnia which I continue to find helpful.  I don't take this medication every night, just once or twice per week.  I'm considering relocating to Chiang Mai (where I've lived before) and I know that benzodiazepines are tightly controlled in Thailand, so I'm curious as to where I could get a prescription for temazepam.  Thank you in advance for any and all replies!

I suggest you Google on "Temazepam compared to other sleep medications,"  and "what is better than Temazepam." Ambien (Zolpidem), not a benzo) can be prescribed at Maharaj/Sriphat hospital (I saw a neurologist for Ambien).

cheers

19 hours ago, Microwave said:

"However, elderly patients are more likely to have unwanted effects (eg, severe drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, clumsiness, or unsteadiness) and age-related kidney, liver, or heart problems, which may require caution and an adjustment in the dose for patients receiving temazepam"

You like that?

Try this:

"In the elderly, should prescription medication be necessary, the first-line treatment is nonbenzodiazepines (e.g., zolpidem, eszopiclone, zaleplon, and ramelteon) as they have been found to be safer and better tolerated than tricyclic antidepressants, antihistamines, and benzodiazepines."

Thank you for the many replies!   I was initially prescribed ambien yet it didn't help.  I was then prescribed temazepam which has been a huge help.  

Taking temazepam once or twice per week isn't enough to create an addiction.  Every night or perhaps every other night would likely do so.  I stopped temazepam for almost two months with no withdrawal effects and then started taking temazepam again as needed after two months because it helped me.  Ambien can also create a dependency if taken too often.

CBD didn't help with the PTSD, but thanks for suggesting it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is zolpidem allowed in Thailand? I am looking for something I can use on the plane from Europe. Otherwise I have no chance to sleep. I have previous used Zopiklon but I understand that one is not allowed. That is the only time I want to take a sleeping pill. When flying. Tops 1-2 times/year.

Have you tried Codiphen ( drowsy antihistamine )? Not addictive. 50 baht for ten tablets of 50 mg over the counter at Peera Pharmacy, near Thapae Gate , Chiang Mai.  YMMV, works very well for me with mild sleep disorder. I take it when I want a good night's sleep.

A natural drug is kratom, legal in Thailand. Mimics opioids. It produces mild euphoria and pain relief for me in small doses, a sedative effect in larger doses. It is addictive.

Thank you for suggesting codiphen, I'll try it and see what happens.  I've taken some other sedating antihistamines in the past and sadly they had no effect.  I've been hesitant to try kratom but maybe will give it a try after all.  Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

A post with overly derogatory comments has been removed:

7. You will not post defamatory or libelous comments. Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person or business to suffer harm or loss. A statement does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either as a drawing, picture, painting, motion picture, film, or letters made visible by any means or by broadcasting, dissemination or propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand and elsewhere in ASEAN.

14. You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, Thai people, Thai culture, Thai institutions such as the military, judicial or law enforcement system or specific locations within Thailand.

On 7/6/2023 at 2:46 PM, fvw53 said:

I guess you know that Temazepam is a benzodiazepine which makes you addicted /  Zolpidem is easier to stop with / however your doctor should have the last word

Unless you are a medical professional, you have no business making these types of statements. Some people encounter addiction issues with benzodiazepines and some do not. In many cases, they provide important therapeutic benefits.