Water Hose Advice

Finlaco

Good Morning

We are in rented accommodation so options are limited.  We have an outside sink which we connect to a tap in the shower via a water hose/pipe (see pics below).  

We tried PVC CLEAR HOSE SPRING 5/8 and PVC HOSE SPRING 5/8"X20M and both sprang a leak (hole in the pipe).

Any suggestions other than using the ugly blue piping? 

If DIY isn't your 'think', maybe move onto the next topic.

Thanks

IMG_20230707_101407.jpg

IMG_20230707_101421.jpg

I have used green PVC garden hose in the garden for general watering.  Wife leave hose lying about so i gets trodden on frequently.  Neve had any trouble with leaks or splits.  Check your hose supplier?

Is your hose under any pressure?   More than usual Thai water  pressure?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

Any suggestions other than using the ugly blue piping? 

They have black, green, and grey pipe plus lots of  paint colors you could apply to the pipe.

I’d T off the red handled valve fitting or bum gun fitting, punch a hole in the wall nearby and run pipe out to the sink.

Edited by Bill97

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

We've had good service from the blue "PVC rubber" hose, it's much softer than the green garden hose and seems to take wear better.

This kind of stuff.

image.png.9105eebe99eba9f0ca05d5f1972a1841.png

But if this is the same it seems to have severe caution

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/scg-15-5-58-rubber-tube-i667008421-s1302050221.html?

Caution
Avoid being pressed by heavy objects.
Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight.
After use, it should be hung to let the stagnant water flow out completely and then store it in the shade.
#SCG #rubber hose #PVC

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But if this is the same it seems to have severe caution

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/scg-15-5-58-rubber-tube-i667008421-s1302050221.html?

Caution
Avoid being pressed by heavy objects.
Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight.
After use, it should be hung to let the stagnant water flow out completely and then store it in the shade.
#SCG #rubber hose #PVC

Yeah, ours isn't the SCG one, I just picked it as an example and I certainly don't recall any of that on the label.

We just turn off the water when done (the one on the upstairs patio gets coiled), it still lasts far better than the regular green (which goes hard) or the clear which just falls apart.

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

We've had good service from the blue "PVC rubber" hose, it's much softer than the green garden hose and seems to take wear better.

This kind of stuff.

image.png.9105eebe99eba9f0ca05d5f1972a1841.png

Boy...my experience has been the opposite with this type of hose regarding "taking wear better, longevity, etc.," due to leaks developing after the hose is only a few months old especially if the hose is exposed to a lot of sunlight.  The leaks are not from puncture but the hose simply develops small slit holes...like dry skin cracking open....not like a hole from something pointed.  

But totally agree regarding the soft and flexible part.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pib said:

Boy...my experience has been the opposite with this type of hose regarding "taking wear better, longevity, etc.," due to leaks developing after the hose is only a few months old especially if the hose is exposed to a lot of sunlight.  The leaks are not from puncture but the hose simply develops small slit holes...like dry skin cracking open....not like a hole from something pointed.  

But totally agree regarding the soft and flexible part.

Yeah, as with all these things, YMMV.

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

If money isn’t an object you can get the braided, stainless steel hoses often used in showers, you will need joining pieces.

These things are available in quite long lengths if you are prepared to hunt, a bunch of 1/2" brass joiners and you're good to go.

Up to 3m here: -

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/zigma-home-water-bile-duct-genuine-stainless-steel-304-safe-no-bad-smell-no-rust-can-be-used-for-a-long-time-all-sizes-20-30-40-50-60-70-80-90-cm-and-1-12-15-2-25-3-m-i1952626460-s12115963315.html?