A French Lady Needs Help !

Anniesamui

I live in Samui – happily retired – since march, and I am actually renting a little

Susuki jeep. I would like to buy a used one, but I have been told that in our island prices for used cars are high and vehicles not in good shape since they have been rented ! A friend of mine says that I must go to Pattaya, where is a lot of choices at reasonable prices !

I don’t know anybody there, and I wonder if some gentlemen could help me, finding a good dealer or even know somebody who wants to sell a small jeep, not too old, well maintained. I don’t need the “perfect one” since our roads are terrible and I don’t want to pay more than 150 000 bahts…I can go to Pattaya at the end of septembre, or anywhere else, anytime for a dream car !

Merci à tous !

Annie

:o

I live in Samui – happily retired –  since march, and I am actually renting a little

Susuki jeep. I would like to buy a used one, but I have been told that in our island prices for used cars are high and vehicles not in good shape since they have been rented ! A friend of mine says that I must go to Pattaya, where is a lot of choices at reasonable prices !

I don’t know anybody there, and I wonder if some gentlemen could help me, finding a good dealer or even know somebody who wants to sell a small jeep, not too old, well maintained. I don’t need the “perfect one” since our roads are terrible and I don’t want to pay more than 150 000 bahts…I can go to Pattaya at the end of septembre, or anywhere else, anytime for a dream car !

Merci à tous !

Annie

:o

Why not just go into Surat town and look around....Samui is not a good place for buying vehicles as your friends mentioned, also, just look at what happens to vehicles near the ocean- rust. I remember how quickly my bike wanted to turn into a rust bucket when I lived on Samui...

For 150,000 you should be able to find a good Suzuki jeep. Use a Thai person that you trust to go shopping/bargaining with you.

Good luck

Thanks to you all ! I am not in a hurry since my rented car is paid until september, I will try Suratthani, may be Phuket, if I don't find anything Bangkok why not !

Unfortunately I will be by myself having no thaï friend able to go with me !

Annie :o