How much does Apple make on an IPhone 14 Pro max ?

Social Media

3 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Is it? The apple cut is 30% but that is gross and it is unlikely that the operating expenses are as low as to make the net similar or lower than the hardware.

That's a good point, but because the 30% is a fee/commission, and I think the other 70% is remitted, so I don't think it's considered revenue, but I'm not sure. 

29 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That's a good point, but because the 30% is a fee/commission, and I think the other 70% is remitted, so I don't think it's considered revenue, but I'm not sure. 

The 70% is absolutely not Apple revenue. It is only the 30% that is Apple revenue and that is gross the costs involved are unlikely to be as low as 4%~5% of the total charged to the customer, so the Apple net is going to be in the same region as the hardware net, isn’t it?

49 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The 70% is absolutely not Apple revenue. It is only the 30% that is Apple revenue and that is gross the costs involved are unlikely to be as low as 4%~5% of the total charged to the customer, so the Apple net is going to be in the same region as the hardware net, isn’t it?

I don't know what the margin is on hardware, and I'm sure it varies significantly, but unless I'm missing something, assuming the 30% is revenue and $100 is the total:

Costs of 5% of a $100 are $5

$5/$30 is ~17% so net margin would be 100-17 = 83%

At 10% cost, net margin is 66%

At 20% cost, net margin is 33%

At 22.5% cost, net margin is 25%