Onward Flight Ticket Requirement Enforced in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap?

hsoa

Is the official onward fight ticket requirement currently enforced in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap airports?

I could possibly get an extension past the initial 30 day allowance and would like to not waste a ticket.

I'll be coming from Bangkok, if that makes any difference.

Can anyone contribute recent experience?

Thanks.

Edited by hsoa

A report in May 2023 indicate that, for flights to Phnom Penh, AirAsia in Da Nang required for boarding an onward ticket and booked accommodation for the full stay.

Any more recent reports from any airport, especially in Thailand?

I just wanted to post my recent experience flying to Phnom Penh from Da Nang, Vietnam on a one-way ticket.  I previous chose to take the chance not to book a flight out of Cambodia as I had flown with Air Asia several times before to Phnom Penh as was never asked before.

Upon check-in in Da Nang airport, the first question the Air Asia agent asked me was, "Can you please show me your ticket out of Cambodia with 30 days?". I did not have one. She told me that would not be allowed to board without POOT.

So, I booked an inexpensive ticket ($50) right at Da Nang airport to Thailand departing in 4 weeks.

Checking in again, I got a new agent. She also asked for my POOT, as I expected. Then she asked me to see my hotel reservations for the ENTIRE time I was going to be in Cambodia. I am staying at a small guesthouse in Phnom Penh, I made the booking via Telegram, so I had nothing to show her. But I gave her my phone and told her she can read the Telegram dialogue so she could see that I had a place to stay.

She spent 5 minutes reading my phone, then called a supervisor. After they were satisfied that I had a reservation and enough funds to support myself (they asked my how much cash I had on me plus what credit/debit cards I had), they printed my boarding pass and accepted my bag.

I asked the agent, "Why all of strict requirements now? I never had to show any of this before." She replied that in order to get a visa on arrival and to let me on the airplane, Cambodian immigration requires them to do this.