Buying US $ in the Pattaya area

banglay

Hi All!  I need to buy some US$   =   10's 20's   smaller type bills...  where its the best place in the Pattaya area to buy  "GOOD" quality bill ( not worn or torn and not interested in larger bills) as I'll be travelling around rural area's of Cambodia and bigger is harder to use and get any change back.

Cheers ????

Supper Rich in Pattaya (used to be on 3rd road) my friend put a large amount through there some years back-- he put a large deposit on a Condo, not knowing the funds must come from overseas, Changed Baht for $... put back into the bank who classed it as overseas funds (which it was)   the exchange rate wasn't to bad. But for smaller amounts a gold shop usually carries funds.

15 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Supper Rich in Pattaya (used to be on 3rd road) my friend put a large amount through there some years back--

Pretty sure there isn't one, nor has there been for a long time.

OP... go to a TT Exchange, they change both ways.....

https://ttexchange.com/exchange-rate

Edited by jacko45k
oops senior moment!
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, banglay said:

Hi All!  I need to buy some US$   =   10's 20's   smaller type bills...  where its the best place in the Pattaya area to buy  "GOOD" quality bill ( not worn or torn and not interested in larger bills) as I'll be travelling around rural area's of Cambodia and bigger is harder to use and get any change back.

Cheers ????

T.T. Currency Exchange

On 2nd Rd near the South Pattaya intersection.I used them a few months ago to buy USD but mostly 100,s. They were all very new looking.I can't think of where to get a large amount of small denominations. Maybe in PP? I recently spent a couple weeks there and it seemed like they were using the local Riels more and more.I believe they're phasing out the smaller USD... 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2023 at 8:15 AM, banglay said:

I'll be travelling around rural area's of Cambodia and bigger is harder to use and get any change back.

I'd get clean $100 bills in Thailand (readily available) and exchange them for Cambodian riel in Cambodia. Small denomination dollar bills are on their way out, in rural areas it's best to have riel.

9 hours ago, Henryford said:

When i flew to Vietnam last month i bought all my dollars at Superrich at Suvarnabhumi just before the flight. And changed any left when i landed back. Their buy/sell spread is very small now 34.55 -34.60.

This guy is going to Cambodia and could be going overland...and specifically posted in a Pattaya Forum.... but good thought for others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...