Travel Agent Needed

NewGuy

I’m in Pattaya and need a travel agency to book fights out of country. Years ago I used All Seasons Travel Agency across from Friendship - they knew their stuff and the pricing was fair. Trying to call them just now from Google Search I found a weed shop with that name and a couple of other hits. None of the phone numbers listed went through. Of course, it’s Sunday evening so I will try again, walking by on Monday.

If I can’t find it, do you have recommendations for an excellent agency Pattaya Tai / second road area?.

Thanks.

If you don’t mind, post the dates, location etc and we’ll take a look at what we think will be the best options. You can then book or use that as a basis for discussion at a local travel agency, 

• Like 1

That’s a great answer Woof999! Really! I used to use Skyscanner but I just forgot about them. Too old. Before, it was EVA for me or with my Thai wife. Going to Toronto this trip I started booking EVA but had a panic attack over their prices. It used to be so much cheaper (haven’t flown since covid). I’m sure a cross-Pacific flight is best (not stopping in the US); I don’t know if middle east stops would be possible for us without hassle.

Any preferred BKK-?-YYZ carriers?

My preferred departure dates are Jul 28-Aug 3; returning Sept 7-15. Pretty flexible. 

And very generous NextG!

Edited by NewGuy

Trans-Pacific flights from Canada and the US are very expensive now and have been pricey for the past several months.  Not sure why they are so expensive.  Air Canada YVR to BKK return is now about $5,000 CAD.

17 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

We’ve been to Turkey. Thais and Canuks have no problem with Istanbul stops over.

As you allude, Turkish Airlines is your best option on price, from around 53k for your dates

Are there airports in the UK, Europe, Middle East that permit both Thais and Canuks to stop over without hassle, visas, etc?

i believe that South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore don’t present dufficulties.

I've recently booked four tickets to the east coast of the US for next month and September and have made two trips earlier this year. In all cases, ticket prices were significantly higher than they were in recent past years.

I searched both trans-pacific flights and also via the Middle East. Emirates had the best combination of pricing and scheduling, but for many of the dates I was looking at the only seats available were business and first class.

I managed to book economy seats for dates that worked for me at about 62,500 each Bangkok-New York round trip. We have a long layover in Dubai, but Emirates provides a free hotel room. The trans-pacific flights I looked at were 70,000 and up.

I avoid Skyscanner and the like due to high additional fees to make changes to booked flights.

9 hours ago, NewGuy said:

Would I be able to go to the Emerates Embassy in Bangkok and get my Thai wife a visa that covers stop overs BKK-YYZ? Easy peasy?

Thai's don't need a visa for the UAE so Emirates stopover in Dubai or Etihad in Abu Dhabi no problem (Thai get 30 day tourist stamp on entry)

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, NextG said:

Obviously I don’t know the full criteria(ages etc) 

Here’s another example for 2 passengers over 62 years of age: 

Why would the age of a married couple have anything to do with their flights?

• Like 1

Have tried to contact AirAsia in Thailand to sort out a 50k credit refund, it turned out that AA don't have humans you can talk to only bots, and the bot will not address my concern, no offices, no agents, i wish i could message Tony fernandes, the boss of AA and give him a piece of my minds.

20 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Have tried to contact AirAsia in Thailand to sort out a 50k credit refund, it turned out that AA don't have humans you can talk to only bots, and the bot will not address my concern, no offices, no agents, i wish i could message Tony fernandes, the boss of AA and give him a piece of my minds.

Cannot see how this is related to the OP’s query. 
Try one of the numbers that isn’t a voicemail service: https://support.airasia.com/s/article/How-to-Call-us?language=en_GB

or embarrass them via their social media portals. 

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why would the age of a married couple have anything to do with their flights?

Not sure about Turkish, but some airlines give discounts for the elderly.  Here's what you see from Thai Smile.

image.png.1f21e157176ed0261d399105406a3a57.png

23 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I don't know if it still works, but to get a real person on the Live Chat rather than the bot type "Change email" and wait for several auto responses to scroll out of the  way.  Eventually you will see a "Talk to Allstar" button.   Click on it, enter the details requested and you'll get a person responding.