Bus Travel Up North.

NoshowJones

Before the pandemic there were plenty of buses traveling north, in my case Nakhon Sawan, from Mochit bus terminal all through the day. You only had to go and get a ticket. Is it the same today, are there still plenty of buses, or is it better to try and book a bus online?

If you want one of the really comfortable VIP buses, best to book online.  It also depends on when you plan to travel.  Anything around a major holiday should be booked in advance.

Most weekdays, you can buy as a walk-in.

• Like 1

I like to go take a peek at station.....much like the room for rent the pics may not in fact match reality......much like the famed green bus.....boy have they really lost the luxury.....as i watched the hostess tape up the vent above me as the ac juices dripped on me for a 5 hr bus ride-VIP seat

also like buses with 2 drivers on long hauls....do they maintain them..etc...then can book in person without extra fees

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dddave said:

If you want one of the really comfortable VIP buses, best to book online.  It also depends on when you plan to travel.  Anything around a major holiday should be booked in advance.

Most weekdays, you can buy as a walk-in.

I'm traveling on the Sunday, should I wait until the Monday?

20 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I'm traveling on the Sunday, should I wait until the Monday?

Sunday shouldn't be bad as the majority of passengers are returning to Bangkok, not departing as they would be Friday and Saturday.

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

Catch a train

Absolutely not, A 5 hour trip took seven hours and the seat situation was disgraceful There was only a 14 ins gap between my single window seat facing forward and the double seat facing me.

That seat was occupied by a grossly overweight guy and my feet had to stretch out to the passageway.

If I had been there before the big fat guy he would not have got in because I would not have moved my feet.

5 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Absolutely not, A 5 hour trip took seven hours and the seat situation was disgraceful There was only a 14 ins gap between my single window seat facing forward and the double seat facing me.

That seat was occupied by a grossly overweight guy and my feet had to stretch out to the passageway.

If I had been there before the big fat guy he would not have got in because I would not have moved my feet.

The special express is only two and a half hours, train #7

https://www.thailandtrains.com/train-travel-from-bangkok-to-nakhon-sawan/

22 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Before the pandemic there were plenty of buses traveling north, in my case Nakhon Sawan, from Mochit bus terminal all through the day. You only had to go and get a ticket. Is it the same today, are there still plenty of buses, or is it better to try and book a bus online?

There are fewer buses at Mochit bus station now than there was pre-covid.  Minivan is also an option, if you are okay with that type of transport.  I agree/think that minivans are more dangerous and less comfortable than buses, but they are cheaper and they depart more frequently.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The special express is only two and a half hours, train #7

https://www.thailandtrains.com/train-travel-from-bangkok-to-nakhon-sawan/

The 14 15 train was the one I got. I actually live about 55 Ks north of Nakhon Sawan. Cannot get a bus directly from Bangkok to where I live except the mini buses which I will not use because of their idiot drivers, and I'm not just talking about their driving. I really appreciate the time you are taking to help me.

• Thumbs Up 1