Songkhla Labor Office moves again

phuketsub

Just a heads up to those needing to renew a work permit. The Songkhla Labor Office has moved yet again, this time into a small shophouse near the Greenworld Hotel. 

For a long time it was located at Samila Beach, right near the roundabout near the Mermaid Statue. Then about two years ago they pulled up stakes and moved further up the beach, into a largely windowless venue also near the beach -- just across from the OrBorJor Ferry port, on the Songkhla Town side. 

Well we went there today in a hurry, but it had moved again into a temporary office near the Greenworld Hotel. (see photo, if I can get it to load). 

It  is a small place and the ground floor is packed with bureaucrats, who usually get more breathing room. There isn't even a sign in either location, at least not one that I could spot. Once elderly and entrepreneurial motorbike taxi drive has stationed himself in front offering to guide confused foreigners to the new location, but we didn't need it since Greenway is relatively easy to find. 

The staff there told us it is just a temporary office while the office near the ferry gets another makeover. They expect to move back in September, she said. 

To be fair, the staff there are always helpful and friendly...once you track them down. 

For me, the delay and all the traffic meant I couldn't get back in time to teach my evening classes. 

labor office.jpg

• Like 1