October Immigration Announcements

Has there been any announcement of new rules to be introduced in October ??

Have just returned from Cambodia where I was told by a holidaying AFP officer that the money requirement for a Non-Imm o/a is to be increased to 1.2 mill in bank A/c or 100k per month income, I cannot say if there is any truth in the "rumour" but he said it came from a fellow officer attached to Oz Immigration.

Has anybody heard of pending changes.?

No verification - pure speculation - AFP officer in Cambodia!! - Why do people post rumours?

The only gazetted change is the 40K per month income in lieu of the 400K in the bank option for Non Imm "O" Extensions. I'm sure the powers that be on this forum would have made us aware of any serious changes.

If so another nail in the coffin. Arrived in Pattaya last week - quietest i have seen it here for many years.

Done a survey of taxis, buisness owners, girls and ferangs - English , German, Beligian, Norwegians etc. everyone seems to agree that the place is dying. Even Thais are saying that Pattaya is very dangerous for ferangs now. A lot of established small buisness gone to wall or heamoraging money at the moment. Seems like those visa run residents did contribute to the economy after all.

High crime, visa changes, new foreign buisiness act. property marked gone - if Thaksin was still in POWER we would also have 12 pm closing of bars and no afternoon sale of alchohol - all these changes are obviuosly anti ferang but only the lunatics running the show know why.

Oh, also another ferang robbed and murdered (shot 4 times) in east pattaya. In Thai papers - not in ferang papers yet - as far as i know!

No verification - pure speculation - AFP officer in Cambodia!! - Why do people post rumours?

The only gazetted change is the 40K per month income in lieu of the 400K in the bank option for Non Imm "O" Extensions. I'm sure the powers that be on this forum would have made us aware of any serious changes.

Unsubstanciated for sure, but the same source advised about the 40% increase in Thai tourist visa,s for Cambodians a month before it was announced.

Arrived in Pattaya last week - quietest i have seen it here for many years.

Done a survey of taxis, buisness owners, girls and ferangs - English , German, Beligian, Norwegians etc. everyone seems to agree that the place is dying. Even

I spent a few hours lounging on the beach this morning around Soi 13 and the beach was almost deserted despite the sunny weather.

The same at a popular beach side restaurant - at 8 am I was the only customer.

Has there been any announcement of new rules to be introduced in October ??

Have just returned from Cambodia where I was told by a holidaying AFP officer that the money requirement for a Non-Imm o/a is to be increased to 1.2 mill in bank A/c or 100k per month income, I cannot say if there is any truth in the "rumour" but he said it came from a fellow officer attached to Oz Immigration.

Has anybody heard of pending changes.?

Believe it or not, not every ThaiVisa member is Australian, so just to clear this up for non-Australians: An AFP officer is an Australian Federal Police officer.

Why would anyone bother to discuss Thai Immigration rules with an Australian Federal Police officer?

If it is raised that much so soon, it seems to me they are raising it way too fast. 800K/65K per month is more than enough for most retirees, especially if they have bought housing.

Edited by Jingthing