Restoring a Kasikorn bank account ?

I think it is/will be a problem...I had same situation and they told me no six months ago...granted i was on tourist visa and apparently they now wanted more than that even though i had opened the account 15++ years ago with no problems.  Seems not nearly as easy to open an account these days and requirements are more serious....

If anyone knows of a bank or branch that willl open an account for you without jumping through hoops please share name and location and personal experience as to how to make it happen...thanks

• Like 1

Your account is permanently closed.

You'll have to open a new account and you'll have to have proof of residency as well as proof that you legally reside in Thailand. A tourist visa will not suffice.

4 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:

You'll have to open a new account and you'll have to have proof of residency as well as proof that you legally reside in Thailand. A tourist visa will not suffice.

or someone could act as guarantor therefore proof of residency is not required. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:

You can get a residence certificate with a hotel bill, you make it sound dramatic

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pomchop said:

I think it is/will be a problem...I had same situation and they told me no six months ago...granted i was on tourist visa and apparently they now wanted more than that even though i had opened the account 15++ years ago with no problems.  Seems not nearly as easy to open an account these days and requirements are more serious....

Oh! Sorry to hear that!

What was their reason / explanation ?

Did you try other branches? Its common knowledge that if one branch bounced you, trying different ones 3-5 times again and again might work.

PS: I'm from Bulgaria.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SamSpades said:

Oh! Sorry to hear that!

What was their reason / explanation ?

Did you try other branches? Its common knowledge that if one branch bounced you, trying different ones 3-5 times again and again might work.

PS: I'm from Bulgaria.

that “common knowledge” is out of date. i have tried more than 30 branches with no success 

On 7/21/2023 at 4:49 AM, SamSpades said:

Hello everyone!

A quick question:

I have an account in Kasikorn (opened in 2012), have been using it regularly all these years.

Haven't visited Thailand since 2019 though.

When Covid hit - along with other issues - I cashed out and left only a tiny amount of few hundred THB on my balance.
They kept charging me small sums for maintenance until it reached 0.

As I'm planning to come back to Thailand soon, I checked the KBANK online and see that the account number is gone.
Due to negative balance and inactivity I guess.

Can they restore it when I visit them in person (with my checkbook and passport)?
Should be no problem, what do you think?

Thanks!

If the account is 0 for more than a year, its closed automatically.

You need to open a new one , requirements here -

Document required for Foreigners -

Passport

Visa (non-immigrant VISA) or identification documents issued by the government of the country of the nationality such as national ID card, driver’s license, House Registration, etc.

Documents per the objectives of entering Thailand :

- Work in Thailand : Documents showing permission to work in Thailand, such as Work Permit

- Retirement in Thailand : Proof of address in Thailand such as house / condominium rent contract, water / electricity bill, etc.

- Study in Thailand : Certification letter issued by school or educational institution.

https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/personal/account/pages/savings.aspx

• Thanks 1

Follow-up / Update:

I've logged into KBANK and can see my usual account number - its just marked "Inactive".

(I think the last time I logged in, it was in the middle of the night (TH timezone, late evening in EU) and they had some kind of maintenance or whatever).

Do you think there's still hope to restore it without starting from scratch? Like funding it through ATM cash-in ?

Your account is closed and gone, unfortunately.
Refer to Bangkok Expats FB group how to open an account on a tourist visa (which has always been against regulations and now is more of a challenge than it used to be).

Try a search in the group before asking because it has been asked countless times and you might get some annoyed responses. 

• 6 months later...

Any news of this ? I have 2 inactive accounts , I can log in on the K-biz website .And my account numbers are there. Will it help to try a deposit to activate them or will it not work ?