Good Realtor

gingerandtabby

Reminds me of a joke "Scientists are considering using estate agents (Brit usage, US: Realtors) as laboratory animals for experiments instead of rats. Two reasons: first, they are considerably more of them and second, people don't get so much emotionally involved with any suffering to them". 

Apologies to any "realtors" out there. Some of my best friends are estate agents.....

Edited by nglodnig

Considering the hefty cut of the sale price they want for their services it's just as easy to sell your home yourself. The best method I found after selling 4 houses here is a for sale sign on the front gate. People in the area see it and tell friends and family and you soon get a bite. I advertised extensively on the internet on 4 different sites and the only calls I got were from agents offering to put a for sale sign on my gate and advertise my property on the internet. For this they wanted 3.5% of the sale price. Always sold my properties within 2 weeks at the price I wanted ( no haggling ) Asking for a fair price is key to a quick sale. Plus , when people come to view everything must look like a show home with as many personal effects as possible kept out of site. Lastly, it is better to include fixtures and fittings in the sale price. If you try to take air con units with you it won't help the sale.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Denim said:

Considering the hefty cut of the sale price they want for their services it's just as easy to sell your home yourself. The best method I found after selling 4 houses here is a for sale sign on the front gate. People in the area see it and tell friends and family and you soon get a bite. I advertised extensively on the internet on 4 different sites and the only calls I got were from agents offering to put a for sale sign on my gate and advertise my property on the internet. For this they wanted 3.5% of the sale price. Always sold my properties within 2 weeks at the price I wanted ( no haggling ) Asking for a fair price is key to a quick sale. Plus , when people come to view everything must look like a show home with as many personal effects as possible kept out of site. Lastly, it is better to include fixtures and fittings in the sale price. If you try to take air con units with you it won't help the sale.

brother in law has a property for sale in Ao Nang-Krabi, he said realtors want 5% yes it's 5% to advertise it on the internet, and it appears they will not get involved with anything else, some agents were from Phuket and will not travel to Krabi to show the apartment nor for the title change of ownership

6 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

brother in law has a property for sale in Ao Nang-Krabi, he said realtors want 5% yes it's 5% to advertise it on the internet, and it appears they will not get involved with anything else, some agents were from Phuket and will not travel to Krabi to show the apartment nor for the title change of ownership

There are a lot of free Internet sites--I live in Udon Thani and I think about 5 general internet sites where you can advertise anything free just for that area & 3 or 4 for the Issan area--I sold a holiday condo I had  in Bang Chan  free through Bahtsold

1 minute ago, oxo1947 said:

There are a lot of free Internet sites--I live in Udon Thani and I think about 5 general internet sites where you can advertise anything free just for that area & 3 or 4 for the Issan area--I sold a holiday condo I had  in Bang Chan  free through Bahtsold

thanks for the feed back but brother in law is doing it already, was just commenting on the realtors fees and poor service