Reports of modern slavery double in UK care sector

Social Media

52 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I suggest observing carers at work before imagining robots doing the caring.

However, AI is already reducing job opportunities, particularly amongst office based and professional service workers, perhaps in the future these people might move into care work.

However, those same jobs lost to AI are also a loss to income tax receipts, so how would care be paid for.

There is a clear need for a radical rethink on how care is provided and funded.

Care work is an essential function within society, it’s high time it got the political attention and funding it deserves.

A number of groups are looking at using care robots for caring 

https://ec.europa.eu/research-and-innovation/en/horizon-magazine/elderly-care-bring-robots

Do robots have a role in care?

https://caring-times.co.uk/feature/do-robots-have-a-role-in-care/

I think there will need to be a huge rethink on taxation more so when 50% of the working population is not working due to Ai and Robotics

the OECD is already research this one of the suggestions in income tax on Robots

https://www.oecd.org/forum/oecdyearbook/how-taxing-robots-could-help-bridge-future-revenue-gaps.htm

Many people with dementia and alzheimer don't recognise their own family over a period of time

Here is Jennie Tombot

Now if you could get the tombot to monitor its owner and send an alert to someone if they think that something is not right

Edited by vinny41
add

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think I’d watch the program before deciding what an eye, trained or otherwise, sees.

It's bad reporting. 

Simple. 

I have worked in rehab hospitals. They are very good, caring places. Residents, notice the word resident and not patient, get very good care and are extremely well looked after.

Nothing about that in the article. 

Now, when there was something in conversation regarding engineering, you decided to use your experience to prove some posters were wide of the mark. Now it's me that has the experience. Just let others that know explain.

Edited by youreavinalaff

30 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

It's bad reporting. 

Simple. 

I have worked in rehab hospitals. They are very good, caring places. Residents, notice the word resident and not patient, get very good care and are extremely well looked after.

Nothing about that in the article. 

Now, when there was something in conversation regarding engineering, you decided to use your experience to prove some posters were wide of the mark. Now it's me that has the experience. Just let others that know explain.

Did I say I have no experience of care services?

I don’t think I did.

39 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And it wouldn't change as both employers and employees are unwilling to pay more

In Germany excluding income tax Everyone including Employers and employees and the a certain group of unemployed people that are in receipt of Unemployment benefit Arbeitslosengeld are require to pay 19.324% of their net income towards 

Statutory health insurance in Germany
statutory pension insurance system
Unemployment insurance
Long-term care insurance

So that is 19.325% for employers 19.325% for employees or other working groups and 19.325% for unemployed people in receipt of the Arbeitslosengeld Unemployment benefit

https://www.iamexpat.de/expat-info/social-security/unemployment-benefits-germany-arbeitslosengeld