European Parliament Regulates Budget Airlines Pricing.

onzestan

Today the European Parliament ratifies new rules regarding airline pricing, including budget airlines.

Publicity, advertisements and airline websites can only publicize the actual prices of tickets.

No more extra charges, taxes, supplements etc. only the factual cost price can be made public.

This new rule goes in effect on January 1st, 2008.

Good news from Europe for a change, let's hope the rest of the world follows suit.

Cheers

Onzestan

Good news for Europe! I hope that this trickles down to Thailand too.

Let's hope also that the authorities in Europe follow on and address the similar dishonesty displayed by major hotels and hotel chains when they quote room rates while concealing the compulsory 'service charge' and government and local taxes, which only emerge in the small print when you actually book. Thailand's quite bad on this too in the big hotels.

It would be great if they could also do this for Hotel Websites.

How many times have you seen what looks like a great deal only to find that tax hasn't been included until you go via half a dozen steps then the tax pops up at the last minute blowing the price out. :o

My apologies Filer I didnt' see you post saying the same :D

Edited by Anthony_Mustang

Today the European Parliament ratifies new rules regarding airline pricing, including budget airlines.

Publicity, advertisements and airline websites can only publicize the actual prices of tickets.

No more extra charges, taxes, supplements etc. only the factual cost price can be made public.

This new rule goes in effect on January 1st, 2008.

Good news from Europe for a change, let's hope the rest of the world follows suit.

Cheers

Onzestan

Take note Tiger Airways!!!