My extension of Stay wasn't cancelled my new employer is asking for the cancellation stamp. What should I do?

I've been in my new school for almost 3 months now. When we went to the immigration office here in Ang Thong Province, they were looking for the cancellation stamp of my Extension of stay of my previous Non-B Visa. I have a fresh stamp from Cambodia and it's good for 30 days as a Tourist Exempt Visa. It's almost a month without officially cancelling my visa. Do I get in trouble if I go to the immigration office and ask to them to get a visa cancellation stamp? It's not past a month though. 

I do not think you will get that stamp terminating the previous work extension without some cooperation from your old employer. Immigration will want to verify that you left the country when your previous employment ended. Many people assume that they can stay on a work extension until it expires without being employed, but that is not the case.

If your relationship with the old school is good, explain the situation to them, and try to get a letter from them specifying the date you left Thailand as the last day working for them. You may also want to ask the local Labour office (I mean local to your old school) for advice on resolving this.

If your employment is terminated during your stay in Thailand then your employer needs to give you a letter to this effect which you can take to the labour office to cancel your work permit.

You need to do this on the same day that your employment is terminated.

The labour office will give you a receipt for cancelling your work permit which you need to take to your nearest immigration office who will cancel your visa with immediate effect.

They will then issue you with a 7 day permission to stay which is intended for you to tidy up your affairs in order to leave Thailand.

55 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I do not think you will get that stamp terminating the previous work extension without some cooperation from your old employer. Immigration will want to verify that you left the country when your previous employment ended. Many people assume that they can stay on a work extension until it expires without being employed, but that is not the case.

If your relationship with the old school is good, explain the situation to them, and try to get a letter from them specifying the date you left Thailand as the last day working for them. You may also want to ask the local Labour office (I mean local to your old school) for advice on resolving this.

I see. I actually left before my contract ended. The extension stated that it's up until June 30 (which is based on my contract from the previous school). I accidentally went to Cambodia without a re-entry permit. Right now, I have the current stamp which allows me to stay in Thailand up until August 06. ( I already had 2 visa runs for this year). Now, Just so you know, I have the cancellation for work permit from the labor office dated June 27 2023. So I'm thinking if I'd get overstayed or get charged for not officially cancelling my visa. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

They will then issue you with a 7 day permission to stay which is intended for you to tidy up your affairs in order to leave Thailand.

No they will not just issue you with a 7 day permission of stay, you have to ASK for it and PAY for it.

7 hours ago, Entienne009 said:

Now, Just so you know, I have the cancellation for work permit from the labor office dated June 27 2023.

That should be all immigration needs to see to tidy up your old permission to stay based on working. Assuming you left on or before June 27, there should be zero issues.