Climate change: July set to be world's warmest month on record

Social Media

7 minutes ago, bignok said:

"Tuesday, in an interview with E&E News, Bates himself downplayed any suggestion of misconduct. "The issue here is not an issue of tampering with data, but rather really of timing of a release of a paper that had not properly disclosed everything it was," he told reporter Scott Waldman. And Bates told ScienceInsider that he is wary of his critique becoming a talking point for those skeptical of human-caused climate change. "

https://www.science.org/content/article/how-culture-clash-noaa-led-flap-over-high-profile-warming-pause-study

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And how many of these people are actually climatologists? Why should we care about what they say?

Are you actually A climatologist? Why should we care about what you say?

Edited by scottiejohn
caps removed
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Are you actually A climatologist? Why should we care about what you say?

You shouldn't. You should care what the overwhelming majority of climatologists say, though. That's why I repeatedly link to climatological research and don't just offer empty allegations.. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Now the summer's going to turn COLD: Forecasters warn temperatures could fall to 17C as Britain braces for 10 straight days of rain (so don't get the BBQs out just yet)

Now the summer's going to turn COLD: Forecasters warn temperatures could fall to 17C as Britain braces for 10 straight days of rain (so don't get the BBQs out just yet) | Daily Mail Online

PS;  Don't blame the DM they are only quoting the Met Office!

20 minutes ago, novacova said:

Exactly, now you’re catching on. Those measurements cannot be accurately measured. Though depending on who actually funds these research wins the battle of the narrative and the those that fund the research have an agenda. As I said, it’s political warfare and being in the midst of it is full of fog. It’s big money fueling the narrative because it’s a big windfall for those who profit off it. 

Therefore, empirically one has to deduce with all factors in its entirety. If one is stagnating in a political sphere their prism range will be remain narrow and hopelessly stuck in a mindset. Therefore claiming climate cycles are the result of human activity is utterly ludicrous and politically motivated. Maybe some minor, very minor influence if any, definitely not the cause to incur tornadoes, hurricanes typhoons, major weather occurrences and all the other insane crazy stuff that is cited. This stuff has been going on for eons and eons. So much for the natural history deniers ???? it’s a religion I tell you ????

You make empty claims without citing any authority. All you use is conspiratorial goggledook to support your claims. For them to be true, there would have to be a massive conspiracy among paleoclimatologists. Stop making things up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Now the summer's going to turn COLD: Forecasters warn temperatures could fall to 17C as Britain braces for 10 straight days of rain (so don't get the BBQs out just yet)

Now the summer's going to turn COLD: Forecasters warn temperatures could fall to 17C as Britain braces for 10 straight days of rain (so don't get the BBQs out just yet) | Daily Mail Online

PS;  Don't blame the DM they are only quoting the Met Office!

Why don't you understand that there's a difference between climate and weather? Why don't you understand that wherever you're located is only a very small portion of the globe?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, novacova said:

It’s irrelevant whether humans have a major influence on climate, because it’s a political issue, therefore the human cause defaults to null. Fact: the major influence of climate is the Sun, oceanic volcanoes and large volumes of methane being released. Nothing we can do about it. But if some bleeding hearts want to blame ourselves for nature pushing forward, then fine, have at it. Meanwhile I’m going to go outside willfully and joyfully burn some fossil fuel, just like what the hypocrites do ????????????????

I think man has a role but like you say all the hypocrites fly everywhere and burn fuel.How many flights has Biden and Gore taken? Probably 100x more than average man.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, novacova said:

Exactly, now you’re catching on. Those measurements cannot be accurately measured. Though depending on who actually funds these research wins the battle of the narrative and the those that fund the research have an agenda. As I said, it’s political warfare and being in the midst of it is full of fog. It’s big money fueling the narrative because it’s a big windfall for those who profit off it. 

Therefore, empirically one has to deduce with all factors in its entirety. If one is stagnating in a political sphere their prism range will be remain narrow and hopelessly stuck in a mindset. Therefore claiming climate cycles are the result of human activity is utterly ludicrous and politically motivated. Maybe some minor, very minor influence if any, definitely not the cause to incur tornadoes, hurricanes typhoons, major weather occurrences and all the other insane crazy stuff that is cited. This stuff has been going on for eons and eons. So much for the natural history deniers ???? it’s a religion I tell you ????

Lithium industry is massive now. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

You make empty claims without citing any authority. All you use is conspiratorial goggledook to support your claims. For them to be true, there would have to be a massive conspiracy among paleoclimatologists. Stop making things up.

That is exactly what you keep doing!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, novacova said:

Okay dear friend, I’m not denying that there is climate change, as stated previously it’s an ongoing system of perpetual change. From this perspective it’s completely irrational to believe climate is a stable steady uniform system. I’m in defiance of what funded research that has bent the cause of it. No so called “scientific papers” or “links” will ever sway this individual, I’ve read it all over the decades and empirically emphatically concluded it’s a politicized gimmick being played out on the masses. The greatest thing about all this is that we are free to think and believe as we wish. 

Yes, you're free to believe as you wish. Those of us who understand that there is such a thing as scientific expertise understand that, just because we wish something to be so, that doesn't mean it is so.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/29/2023 at 12:22 PM, digger70 said:

What is it about you that you don't understand that there's no proof as yet that the global warming is accelerated by the course of  man.

Some say it is others say it's not .

You can believe what you like just don't say that people are incapable of understanding some things. 

I can say same but you wouldn't  like it Do You?

Have a nice day and be Quiet.

There is absolute proof that it is all caused by man. All of it. every skeric. Atmospheric warming is caused by increased carbon dioxide int he air. Stop spreading misinformation without links to back it up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

There is absolute proof that it is all caused by man. All of it. every skeric. Atmospheric warming is caused by increased carbon dioxide int he air. Stop spreading misinformation without links to back it up.

So now, can you prove that the warming is caused by man? no you can't so it's an even playing field isn't.

Stop Badgering people that don't believe the same things that you believe.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, digger70 said:

So now, can you prove that the warming is caused by man? no you can't so it's an even playing field isn't.

Stop Badgering people that don't believe the same things that you believe.

It's a sure sign of emptiness when someone asks a question and then answers it themselves. Actually, the climatological community  regard  this as a  settled question.

As for proving it to you, do you have the expertise to understand highly technical arguments?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Floods, fires and deadly heat are the alarm bells of a planet on the brink [washingtonpost.com]

By Sarah Kaplan, The Washington Post, July 13, 2023

The world is hotter than it’s been in thousands of years, and it’s as if every alarm bell on Earth were ringing.

The warnings are echoing through the drenched mountains of Vermont, where two months of rain just fell in only two days. India and Japan were deluged by extreme flooding.

They’re blaring from the scorching streets of Texas, Florida, Spain and China, with a severe heat wave also building in Phoenix and the Southwest in coming days.

(more)

https://www.pacesconnection.com/blog/floods-fires-and-deadly-heat-are-the-alarm-bells-of-a-planet-on-the-brink-washingtonpost-com

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2023/07/12/climate-change-flooding-heat-wave-continue/

And as to the cause:

"Scientists say there is no question that this cacophony was caused by climate change — or that it will continue to intensify as the planet warms. Research shows that human greenhouse gas emissions, particularly from burning fossil fuels, have raised Earth’s temperature by about 1.2 degrees Celsius (2.2 Fahrenheit) above preindustrial levels."

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Water is refreshing in the heat, right? In parts of Florida this past week, not so much

KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. (AP) — In the sweltering summer heat, nobody tries to cool off by jumping into a hot tub. In parts of Florida, however, that’s what the ocean has felt like.

Earlier this week, sea surface temperatures reached as high as 101.2 degrees Fahrenheit (38.4 degrees Celsius) around the state’s southern tip in Manatee Bay, according to the National Weather Service — although scientists said the context for Monday’s reading is complicated.

July has been so hot that scientists announced a global heat record even before the month ended. 

(more)

https://apnews.com/article/florida-water-heat-wave-ocean-climate-2f0a1eb529aba9f17ee88a04cda7df42

Edited by metisdead
14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It's a sure sign of emptiness when someone asks a question and then answers it themselves. Actually, the climatological community  regard  this as a  settled question.

As for proving it to you, do you have the expertise to understand highly technical arguments?

It's not an argument . you show me Solid proof (you can't ) that the warming is purely man made and only than I might think differently .

Don't forget this is a cycle that happens every few thousand years give or take a few either way, sometimes faster and sometimes slower .

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, digger70 said:

It's not an argument . you show me Solid proof (you can't ) that the warming is purely man made and only than I might think differently .

Don't forget this is a cycle that happens every few thousand years give or take a few either way, sometimes faster and sometimes slower .

Stop making things up. There is no record in the past 125000 years at least, of temperature rise occurring this rapidly. Even if I had the expertise to fully understand the science, would have the expertise to understand it. In an example I cited earlier, complicated statistical analysis was required to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the Higgs Boson had been found. Would you understand the explanation from a physicist given the complicated techniques involved? If they can't prove it so you can understand it, does that mean it's not proven? Get over yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Climate change leaves fingerprints on July heat waves around the globe, study says

The fingerprints of climate change are all over the intense heat waves gripping the globe this month, a new study finds. Researchers say the deadly hot spells in the American Southwest and Southern Europe could not have happened without the continuing buildup of warming gases in the air.

Thanks to years of research and more powerful computers, scientists can now determine almost in real-time whether climate change is contributing to the intensity of heat, storms, floods and drought — and by how much.

(more)

https://apnews.com/article/heat-wave-deadly-climate-change-europe-america-4c361736afa70766049acdb189ccfd64

Edited by metisdead
14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, digger70 said:

Really?  You have proof that climate change has happened globally this fast in the past?  Please show us this proof.