Installation of additional Panels

Have asked my Solar installer to install 5 more Panels additional to the already installed 15 ones. On his Lay Out 18 pcs. will face south finally and 2 pcs. will face west direction. Any problem with this set up, for what I have to looking for?

Efficiency depends on the roof pitch, or angle of panels toward the sun.  Since most panels achieve a modest 50% even on cloudy days your west facing panels should perform reasonably well.  Having said that, I am assuming a standard roof pitch of 30 degrees, less would be better.

• Like 1

How are your panels arranged electrically (series / parallel)? Or are you using micro-inverters?

Those two west facing panels may affect the rest of a series string they are part of.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Crossy said:

How are your panels arranged electrically (series / parallel)? Or are you using micro-inverters?

Those two west facing panels may affect the rest of a series string they are part of.

I have to Loops connected to my 10 KW Inverter, I guess that would be parallel? Attached picture shows how they will add the Panels.

947799.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UWEB said:

I guess that would be parallel?

I would suggest your guess is incorrect, and guessing isn't good engineering practice anyway.

Did your installer provide you with even a single-line diagram of your installation? Post a copy here.

Failing that, which 10kW inverter do you have?

The problem is that under-producing panels on a series string could slug the whole string to the extent that you're actually better off without the extra panels.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

I would suggest your guess is incorrect, and guessing isn't good engineering practice anyway.

Did your installer provide you with even a single-line diagram of your installation? Post a copy here.

Failing that, which 10kW inverter do you have?

The problem is that under-producing panels on a series string could slug the whole string to the extent that you're actually better off without the extra panels.

Sorry, don't have a wiring diagram. Only some Documentation for the Huawei Hybrid Inverter SUN 2000-3KTL-10 KTL-M1.

If I read your comment correct it is better to leave the two west facing Panels out  as they have a negative affect of the performance of the other Panels in the same String?

Edited by UWEB

19 hours ago, UWEB said:

Sorry, don't have a wiring diagram. Only some Documentation for the Huawei Hybrid Inverter SUN 2000-3KTL-10 KTL-M1.

If I read your comment correct it is better to leave the two west facing Panels out  as they have a negative affect of the performance of the other Panels in the same String?

the west-oriented solar panel will produce less electricity during midday compared to the south-oriented panels.

depending on your system, this difference in production can negatively affect the overall energy output. I have only

limited knowledge on this topic, and there are other forum members who can provide a more detailed explanation.

to better understand the issue of varying (panel) energy production, you can watch a video about shading

and its impact on solar panels:

https://youtu.be/9GvhDhCSJgo

Yeah ^^^, the Huawei has 2 x 11A MPPT inputs so only series strings can be used, those two west facing panels will slug the other panels in that string.

I'd shoehorn what panels you can fit on the south facing roofs and forget the west facing.

• Thumbs Up 2