Does Your 20-Year Refrigerator Warranty Keep You UP at Night?

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

image.png.77acf0458f0894f78fc9bcbf4e8e77cb.png

Good!

Do as I do!

Not as He says!

Agent provocateur.

The guy in the picture looks like he is almost out of time anyway. My apologies if you got someone to take your photo.

8 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

I no problem with refrigerator warranty. Only breadmaker instruction. All  Chinese and translation make a next problem ! Now is stored on top of refridgerator . I buy that second from Farang who need to pay Agent to stay 12 month more. I think Agent eat well but farang no !

Post images of your bread maker, and maybe someone here who can read Chinese might translate it into Thai for you, or English.

I wonder who on this forum reads Chinese...

Hmmm....Let me think a bit....

• Love It 1

On 8/1/2023 at 9:33 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

I would hope that readers would understand that the refrigerator is not just a refrigerator, but also a metaphor for the accumulated material wealth we needlessly worry over, as we approach our happy ending. As we age, many of us become overly concerned with preservation of the physical possessions which truly become quite meaningless, in the end.

And I mentioned Cheever and his short story The Swimmer, which is one of his masterpieces. Cheever's The Swimmer is full of symbolism, and it is haunting.

It is the "winter" that is the focus, and also the loss.

In Cheever's story, the protagonist looses EVERYTHING, his house, his wealthy suburban lifestyle, his high society friends, and even his family. He is left cold and shivering, completely lost in the world.

Here is what one critic wrote of The Swimmer:

image.png.0fdefb336808b51039ccbcaea7612d7e.png

I have found this short story most thought provoking over the years.

If you want thought-provoking, Arthur C Clarke's short story "The Star" certainly is.

5 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Post images of your bread maker, and maybe someone here who can read Chinese might translate it into Thai for you, or English.

I wonder who on this forum reads Chinese...

Hmmm....Let me think a bit....

The instructionjs 1 page . I afraid to read a book on bread !

1 hour ago, RanongCat said:

The instructionjs 1 page . I afraid to read a book on bread !

Then why not just refer to the recent Ukraine-war-Bread-maker-Flour Topic in the Western Food section?

Surely, you can find a good solution to your Chinese bread-making-machine problems there.

I am using a bread machine which was manufactured in China.

It works GREAT.

I received MUCH helpful information from TV, which totally solved the bread-tastes-like-cake conundrum.

In my case, I was told to radically reduce the amount of sugar I was adding.

Seems the Chinese like their bread to taste like cake.

After I reduced the sugar by 80 percent, I achieved good results.

On my next loaf, it will be even better when I completely eliminate any added sugar.

So, in this case, TV helped me to solve what, for me, was becoming an intractable problem.

• Love It 1

7 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Then why not just refer to the recent Ukraine-war-Bread-maker-Flour Topic in the Western Food section?

Surely, you can find a good solution to your Chinese bread-making-machine problems there.

I am using a bread machine which was manufactured in China.

It works GREAT.

I received MUCH helpful information from TV, which totally solved the bread-tastes-like-cake conundrum.

In my case, I was told to radically reduce the amount of sugar I was adding.

Seems the Chinese like their bread to taste like cake.

After I reduced the sugar by 80 percent, I achieved good results.

On my next loaf, it will be even better when I completely eliminate any added sugar.

So, in this case, TV helped me to solve what, for me, was becoming an intractable problem.

That problem...