Exposed woman lewdly molested, jailed, charged, extorted for money and then sexually exploited

webfact

image.jpeg

The woman at the centre of the complaint was brought to the Royal Thai Police Club in Bangkok on Monday to meet Deputy National Police Chief General Surachate Hakparn. She met the Commander-in-chief of Saraburi Police on Wednesday and the man who initially sexually abused her has been the subject of charges and an arrest warrant while the senior police officer at the rank of Police Lieutenant Colonel faces questioning next week when the allegations will be put to him. He already has two prior complaints alleging similar abuses.

Allegations made by the woman about what happened to her, when her car broke down on a road in Saraburi province in October 2022, are a dark reflection not only on the endemic corruption now seen almost daily within the Royal Thai Police but also on the dangers that women in Thailand may be exposed to for simply seeking help from fellow Thais when in need.

Another shocking case of police corruption emerged this week which also raises questions about the Kingdom’s attitudes towards women after a young female car driver found herself stranded on a road in Saraburi in October 2022. Instead of a helping hand from a passer-by, the young woman found herself sexually attacked, arrested, charged with a serious criminal offence, extorted and then subjected to degrading sexual exploitation by a senior police officer.

The nightmare ordeal suffered by a young woman on a night in October 2022, came to light this week when she was presented to Deputy Chief of Police General Surachate Hakparn at the Police Club in Bangkok, seeking justice.

by Carla Boonkong & Pranee O' Connor

Full story: https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2023/08/05/helpless-woman-abusive-night-in-saraburi-police-extortion-sex-attack/

Tex.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Examiner 2023-08-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

The sad part is you can't trust one person of authority here, whether it be the police, government or lawyers or anyone, you don't know who is on the take, you don't know who you can trust to report it,  it's just a circus .... and they're all clowns.    imo

Thai drivers dun even dare offer rides to monks walking along the roads nowadays 

coz many could be fake monks 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

There are far worse highly "dangerous criminals"  that have to be tackeled first by the BiB....for exemple those miserable farang illegals who overstay or who hassle the immigration offices for their visa issues !!!

Top priority given to offenders whom bribes can be extorts. Nevermind the severity of the crime 

4 hours ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

Thai drivers dun even dare offer rides to monks walking along the roads nowadays 

coz many could be fake monks 

we're talking about a respectable Thai woman being treated very badly by several of her own...sore footed Monks don't compare.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

The sad part is you can't trust one person of authority here, whether it be the police, government or lawyers or anyone, you don't know who is on the take, you don't know who you can trust to report it,  it's just a circus .... and they're all clowns.    imo

It's not just Thailand. Sadly, this sort of conduct, and worse, is a too-frequent occurrence in the Metropolitan Police area, London,  where corruption and abuse have been rife for decades. Sarah Everard 's brutal rape and murder by a policeman whose prior behaviour should - more than once - have seen him weeded out, especially when he was vetted for royal protection duty, is a case in point. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BusyB said:

I wonder if he'll tighten the 'police' recruitment and promotion procedures now, the same as he wants to tighten retirement visa requirements.

Probably not.

I heard it was 400,000 baht to join, 

• Thumbs Up 2

If you are desparately in need of anything, this is the wrong country to be in.

Relying on anybody here for anything is a mistake. You are more likely to be scammed, robbed, thrown in jail, or simply ignored.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

A fish rots from the head down as the ancient proverb goes. The whole country seems to be on a downward spiral and nobody here gives a rat's a$$ about it. Those who should be leading by example couldn't even be bothered living here. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, redwhiteandblue said:

Sadly, this is the way Thailand is heading.....downwards.

1 hour ago, djayz said:

The whole country seems to be on a downward spiral and nobody here gives a rat's a$$ about it.

Is it heading down?  Or are people becoming less afraid to speak out?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Is it heading down?  Or are people becoming less afraid to speak out?

Good point. I hadn't thought of that actually. 

Reminds me of the 80s and 90s in my auld turf when more women started reporting rapes to the authorities. Initially, it looked like it was a wave of rapes, but in reality it was probably the normal rate, just more people overcoming the shame of having been a victim and reporting it. 

Perhaps the same is happening here. The fish has been rotten the whole time, only now the stench is starting to rise. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Good comments, from good people.

Yes, there is good and bad in every society.

From my point of view, it is good that this is seeing the light.

I know a few years ago, this would never had made the news.

My personal opinion, and maybe I've been lucky, is that most Thai's are friendly, helpful and good people.