Complaints procedure - immigration question

4 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

You have to be able to access the money instantly, even if that means losing interest, so I am guessing that is what your account allows

It is a fixed term deposit account, yes I can access the money at a branch but with the loss of interest for that term. I've never been asked to do that in order to show activity on the day of the extension, they are happy with the letter and statement made on the day of application.

There is no movement on the account, just updates every 3 months at the end of the term, so I would fail as per the example cited. Songkhla doesn't have an issue with money on fixed term deposit.

Edited by Stocky

5 hours ago, matta said:

One comes back after a trip abroad on a Thursday and it turns out it's a long weekend. Normally it says somewhere that one has to register with immigration inside the 24 hours However, now the office will not open until days later. These people were fined and according to many, unjustified.

Dont tell them you came back Thursday. My landlord never tells them on time with the TM30; Usually after about a week and tells them I arrived yesterday.

5 hours ago, matta said:

To be clear, I myself have no problem, but this does not mean that I would not have knowledge of the existing difficulties. Additionally to find out where I can go, should I ever have problems myself (which I do not hope for of course)

As noted by some, which I agree with, that the necessary documents are not in order when for example, a residence permit is granted or the financial requirements are not met. However, there are also other situations.

A few examples: One comes back after a trip abroad on a Thursday and it turns out it's a long weekend. Normally it says somewhere that one has to register with immigration inside the 24 hours However, now the office will not open until days later. These people were fined and according to many, unjustified.

To give another example, a bank has an offer and since one must have a certain amount in the bank, someone places a certain sum in a savings account with the intention of getting as much % interest if he leaves the money x amount of time.

When his residence permit is extended, the man goes with all his documents, including a document from the bank saying that this person has this amount of money in his savings account.

At immigration, the officer did not agree because there was no movement on the bank book.

Of course there can be no movement because if he withdraws money, he breaks his contract and depositing money did not go according to the bank's contact either.

In both cases you are stuck and as already mentioned by many you have nowhere to go.

I find it very astonishing that so far not a single person has noticed or even questioned where I can go in such case, and the answers show that you can't go anywhere in case of problems for the simple reason that it doesn't exist. And some have suggested one would have the guts, even if one is completely in right, one still depends on and I quote Pol Maj Gen S. Hakparn corrupt officials. So far the paradise Thailand

English is not my native language so I apologize for the grammar

I agree with you. My IO is appalling. You could write to the head office in Bangkok. I think that that there should be some kind of national anonymous feedback facility for the services provided. Customer feedback is very big in the UK now. The big wigs in Bangkok could then see if certain offices are problematic or failing in providing the service that they should be. That is if they actually care which they probably do not. 

I noticed that Udon Thani IO had a suggestion box which is great, but they are a shining example of a good office; polite, friendly, helpful and efficient. But it is the bad offices that need a suggestion box not the good ones.

• Haha 1