Documents needed for 90 day O visa (marriage)?

Hi

I entered Thailand on a 30 day visa on arrival and I'm planning on getting the 1 year extension based on marriage. I've had that extension once before so I've got the 400K THB in a Thai bank account already. But it seems like before I get the 1 year marriage extension I need to get a 90 day O visa (marriage) first so I'm wondering:

1. Which documents do I need to get the 90 day O visa (marriage)?
  2. When booking an appointment at Cheang Wattana immigration, do I choose "Visa Issuing and Changing type of Visa" or "Extension Visa For Visit spouse"?
  3. I'll make sure to apply for the visa at least 15 days before my current permitted stay expires and I'll have my wife join me when applying for the visa. Is there anything else I need to know?

Thank you.

Edited by TPDH

4 minutes ago, TPDH said:
Hi

I entered Thailand on a 30 day visa on arrival and I'm planning on getting the 1 year extension based on marriage. I've had that extension once before so I've got the 400K THB in a Thai bank account already. But it seems like before I get the 1 year marriage extension I need to get a 90 day O visa (marriage) first so I'm wondering:

1. Which documents do I need to get the 90 day O visa (marriage)?
  2. When booking an appointment at Cheang Wattana immigration, do I choose "Visa Issuing and Changing type of Visa" or "Extension Visa For Visit spouse"?
  3. I'll make sure to apply for the visa at least 15 days before my current permitted stay expires and I'll have my wife join me when applying for the visa. Is there anything else I need to know?

Thank you.

You entered on a visa exemption (lucky, as a visa on arrival cannot be extended or converted).

To apply for a Non O visa, you use form TM87 and just about the same documentation as you used before for extensions of your permission to stay. You need at least 15 days (up to 21 days at some offices) left on the permission to stay from the visa exempt entry at the time you apply. Get the 30-day extension of the visa exempt entry if you have less than the required time for the application.

When booking an appointment, you use "changing type of visa".

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BritTim said:

You entered on a visa exemption (lucky, as a visa on arrival cannot be extended or converted).

To apply for a Non O visa, you use form TM87 and just about the same documentation as you used before for extensions of your permission to stay. You need at least 15 days (up to 21 days at some offices) left on the permission to stay from the visa exempt entry at the time you apply. Get the 30-day extension of the visa exempt entry if you have less than the required time for the application.

When booking an appointment, you use "changing type of visa".

Thank you! 

immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6.FOR-PROVIDING-SUPPORT-TO-OR-BEING-A-DEPENDANT-OF-A-THAI-CITIZEN-SPOUSE-VISA-NON-O.pdf

In this list I see two types of document I don't recall providing last time I got the 1 year marriage extension: 

• A copy of letter certifying marital status before registration of marriage (a copy of letter certifying that the applicant is single) (In absence of such letter, a copy thereof can be obtained from the District Office where the marriage was registered.)
  • Letter from a government office, embassy or consulate, certifying that the applicant is a member of the referred family
I'm from Europe and my wife is Thai. We got married in the US. Could someone explain what these documents are? 

Finally, the Kor Ror 22 copy. Does it have to be from the last 30 days or is an older one fine? 

Thank you.